Lefty Fallout?

Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:36 pm

Any chance of a USA Lefty Fallout offering in the near (or distant) future?

Re: Lefty Fallout?

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:09 pm

The LE II and SC-2 are. The Fallout was slated to be available during the Summer of 2013 according to this thread.

Feb 2013 post:
Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:
SouthpawGuy wrote:Are the Fallout and SC-2 available left handed ?

Nothing on the G&L site to say they are, also nothing to say they aren't.

I'm double checking with Dave because the latest US Price List indicates that it
is available in right-hand only. This price list also says the same thing for the SC-2
which we know has been available for leftys for some time now.

If a model is restricted to right-hand only it will be noted in the specification page on
the G&L website.

Stay tuned.

:ugeek:

I recently heard back from Dave:

It's not available in lefty.... yet. I'd say by the next price list - Summer - we will have that sussed out.

I did ask him for clarification that this applies just to the Fallout, as I was under the impression that the SC-2 was
already programmed for lefty models a year or two ago.

So, continue to stay tuned.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Thank you, Salmon

So maybe this summer (2014) they might be available.... Craig? Are you out there? Have you heard anything new?

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:40 pm

lefty_major wrote:Thank you, Salmon

So maybe this summer (2014) they might be available.... Craig? Are you out there? Have you heard anything new?

See these posts in the G&L Knowledgebase: OK - what is the deal with Lefty Fallout and Lefty SC-2 and
Current G&L Lefty USA standard production Models.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:26 pm

Thanks, Craig! I don't know how I missed that. I've seen that lefty list before and must have read right past "Fallout". Also, I was on that online guitar builder and Fallout doesn't have a lefty option. I mistakenly assumed that was correct. :oops:

Anyway, your information is good to know. I have an incoming ASAT Classic Alnico. Once I get that under my wings I'll make plans for G&L guitar number three. Fallout....? Could be....

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:38 pm

I just saw the blur that the block of ASAT's and Legacy's made then the one line of Fallout was lost in the space between. :searching:

Mon May 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Craig, or anyone in the know...
The neck options for the Fallout appear to be limited to G&L's standard #1 neck. Any chance the neck options will open up for any and all of the G&L necks?
Thanks.

Wed May 28, 2014 9:55 am

lefty_major wrote:Craig, or anyone in the know...
The neck options for the Fallout appear to be limited to G&L's standard #1 neck. Any chance the neck options will open up for any and all of the G&L necks?
Thanks.

I sent your question to Dave and here's his reply:

Hi Craig,

It’s likely to open up to variants with a 1 5/8” nut width. Thanks, Craig.

Dave

I will post a followup here, once I hear when neck options are available for the Fallout.

Stay tuned.

Wed May 28, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks, Craig. Although the answer seems odd. Only variants on the 1 5/8"? No options for a larger nut? Well, I'll wait and see. In the meantime, kind of have my eye on the P90 in the Bluesboy. Kind of have my eye on the Alnico S.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Craig wrote:
lefty_major wrote:Craig, or anyone in the know...
Thanks.

I sent your question to Dave and here's his reply:

Hi Craig,

It’s likely to open up to variants with a 1 5/8” nut width. Thanks, Craig.

Dave

I will post a followup here, once I hear when neck options are available for the Fallout.

Stay tuned.

As of the August 1, 2014 US Dealer Price List, all neck size options are available on the Fallout.
See: 2014 G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.