Question On G&L Output Jack

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:42 pm

My most recent build, 08-12 still has the barrel jack in it. Are they using the football jacks on the S-type as mine have all been ASATS, or have they not phased them in yet. Just wondering. -- Darwin.

Re: Question On G&L Output Jack

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Good question Darwin! I only have 3 ASATs with a football jack: 2 of the Korina Deluxe models, on which it came original, and my ASAT Classic III, where it might have been a repair job although I do not see any traces of that. The Alnico prototype which was finished in May has a barrel jack again. So I am about as puzzled as you are because i thought it was announced they would make the transition.

The jack has always been different on S-type guitars. It's the one where the jack slides in at an angle.

- Jos

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks Jos, I thought of the S-type jacks being on the front after I posted. My Suhr has a football jack instead of a front jack and Suhr makes it a choice by the owner. Thanks Jos, I hope we get an answer to this as I was surprised to see my last two ASATs with the barrel.-- Darwin.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:53 pm

I checked with Steve and he says:

The football jack is being used on the M Series Bass, Korina ASAT Deluxe II and Korina ASAT Junior II. We are still working on converting other models.
It's turned out to be a bit more time consuming and difficult to setup all the various drilling fixtures than we anticipated.

Thanks

Steve Grom

Regarding the S-body models, there are two which have side jacks: Legacy Deluxe and S-500 Deluxe. They will be included in the conversion.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Craig wrote:I checked with Steve and he says:

The football jack is being used on the M Series Bass, Korina ASAT Deluxe II and Korina ASAT Junior II. We are still working on converting other models.
It's turned out to be a bit more time consuming and difficult to setup all the various drilling fixtures than we anticipated.

Thanks

Steve Grom

Regarding the S-body models, there are two which have side jacks: Legacy Deluxe and S-500 Deluxe. They will be included in the conversion.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thanks Craig. Makes perfect sense since the 2 Korinas mentioned in Steve's response are exactly the 2 with a football jack I have. ;)

And thanks to you and Steve to get back so fast.

- Jos

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Yes, thanks Craig for such a quick response.-- Darwin