Makin' A Franken-Comanche, But No Parts?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm now actually putting together a fun project that'll be the following:

1. A honey burst hollow body Comanche body.
2. A Warmoth birdseye maple neck with canary wood and scalloped stainless steel frets. This will require taking in the neck pocket about 1/4" at the base and a little on the sides, plus redrilling the holes for the neck plate and screws.
3. The regular comanche pickups, bridge, etc.
4. But, totally weird different electronics. Gonna throw in a Stellar tone for a tone knob, and probably an active EQ of some sort, maybe a booster.

I have on small problem. I ordered the electronics, pickups and bridge from G&L about a month ago and still haven't received them. I got a status email saying the order was received, but no idea where the order is, and the web user interface isn't very helpful.

Anyone know how long parts orders from G&L generally take?

Thanks!

Re: Makin' A Franken-Comanche, But No Parts?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:50 pm

do you have the neck already?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Yep, I got the neck already and started reshaping the neck pocket tonight. I can't totally do it until I get the bridge though since I need to measure from the nut to the bridge.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 am

zedshaw wrote:Yep, I got the neck already and started reshaping the neck pocket tonight. I can't totally do it until I get the bridge though since I need to measure from the nut to the bridge.

if it's the standard strat neck from warmoth with the hangover lip , the comache neckpocket should be too wide and too deep. the g&l neck would sit deeper, the warmoth neck would have space left over. usacg actually makes g&l replacement necks.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:43 pm

zedshaw wrote:I have on small problem. I ordered the electronics, pickups and bridge from G&L about a month ago and still haven't received them. I got a status email saying the order was received, but no idea where the order is, and the web user interface isn't very helpful.

Anyone know how long parts orders from G&L generally take?

Thanks!

I've brought your post to Dave McLaren's attention.

:ugeek:

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 am

Hi,

I'm sorry about the delay and also you not getting word about it.

The parts are shipping today. The holdup was the DF vibrato which we were entirely out of stock on. The upshot is that we've redesigned the saddles, built up from Leo's original prints but with forged brass and tighter tolerances on the break angle. The new saddles came in the door yesterday and your bridge, and the other parts, are being packed up now.

Thanks for your patience!

Dave