G&L NAMM Booth #3944 ...

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:17 am

Posted this morning on G&L's Facebook page:

NAMM Booth #3944
Come visit us this week at the 2019 Winter NAMM show in Anaheim CA, Thursday 1/24 through Sunday 1/27.
Play some of our newest guitars and basses, booth #3944

Re: G&L NAMM Booth #3944 ...

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:07 pm

Posted on G&L Facebook page:

G&L is up and running at the 2019 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim. Booth #3944 Come by and check out our guitars and basses.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:14 pm

I know you will, but more pics please.
Tom

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:31 pm

Posted on G&L Custom Shop Facebook page:

NAMM show day one. Come on by and say hello if.you here.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Dave just posted this awesomeness over at CLF Research: “50 years in the making: the first finished prototype of the Espada, the evolution of the CLF-67/68 and CLF-69 prototypes. Series/parallel red toggle and white 3-way preamp control off/on/on with high freq boost. There’s talk of this going to the NAMM show tomorrow.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:48 pm

That is a WINNER for sure! :happy0065:

You know we want audio clips of that beauty, thanks for sharing.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:38 pm

The second finished Espada prototype is dressed as it might have been in 1972. Seemed like an appropriate vibe to check out and ... uh ... I’m in love. I’ll see you in funkytown.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:55 am

A similar pickup layout to the Espada is being introduced at Fender NAMM as well. Very interesting :evilgrin:

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2019-leak ... 12-string/

In a 12 string to boot

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:33 am

sam wrote:A similar pickup layout to the Espada is being introduced at Fender NAMM as well. Very interesting :evilgrin:

In a 12 string to boot

It's time for "Espada Lucha!" - Sword fight!

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:58 am

sam wrote:A similar pickup layout to the Espada is being introduced at Fender NAMM as well. Very interesting :evilgrin:

In a 12 string to boot

Well that is a reissue of the Fender XII from the 1960s with those pickups. There have been people asking Fender for a reissue; instead of doing it in Japan they are doing it in Mexico, and it's a limited run thing anyway (they haven't said how many will be in the runs of these "Alternate Reality" models).

Leo did recycle ideas - the Espada pickups are evolutions of the Electric XII design, which is something Leo had been playing around with for quite a while.
Last edited by John C on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:06 pm

Posted on G&L Facebook page:

Day two of the 2019 Winter NAMM show. Booth 3944. We have some new guitars and basses you need to check out.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:10 pm

NAMM show day 2

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:49 pm

I don't see any Fallouts at the booth...

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Craig, thanks for the pics. Looks like exciting stuff! What's the color of that light blue tele with the white pick guard in the lower middle of the pic? And the pinkish semi-hollow with the P90s on the far right?

Thanks!

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:14 pm

It's just not possible to have too many guitars.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:49 pm

Nubs wrote:Craig, thanks for the pics. Looks like exciting stuff! What's the color of that light blue tele with the white pick guard in the lower middle of the pic? And the pinkish semi-hollow with the P90s on the far right?

Thanks!

Dean and I did not get an invite this year, so I am posting only what G&L posts on their Facebook pages.

I know that the lighting at the booth last year was halogen lighting which affects the coloring of the instruments. They are likely using the same lighting as before.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Our two finished Espada prototypes went to the NAMM show yesterday. They were a little late, but they were sleeping for 50 years
so it was a challenge to wake them up and acclimate them to 2019. Kinda like Austin Powers, and these Espadas are still swingin’ hard as 1969.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:45 am

NAMM show day 3 finished. Here's a CS ASAT on display at the show.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:57 pm

Posted on the CLF Research Facebook page:

Sunday NAMM is chill so I came to hang out for a bit and see my Espada babies. Trips me out how many people are coming up to me and
know about what I’m doing with CLF Research. You guys are the best!

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:46 am

So... aside from the Espada twins (which are beauties,) were there any new reveals or announcements from G&L at NAMM this year? I saw a lot of pretty guitars on the wall, but haven't read any news here, on the Facebook page or the official website... thanks!

Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:24 am

antistatic wrote:So... aside from the Espada twins (which are beauties,) were there any new reveals or announcements from G&L at NAMM this year? I saw a lot of pretty guitars on the wall, but haven't read any news here, on the Facebook page or the official website... thanks!

I emailed Dave M. and Dave B. to get more info on some of the stuff I have seen in the NAMM photos and the last two inventory lists.
Hopefully I will hear about them sometime this week.

Stay tuned.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:16 am

Regarding the Espada, I'd love to see a simple Z-2 in production without the added circuitry of the Espada.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:30 pm

suave eddie wrote:Regarding the Espada, I'd love to see a simple Z-2 in production without the added circuitry of the Espada.

#Ditto Also a left-handed offering...

Cheers,
Will

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:09 pm

phpBB [video]

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:10 pm

phpBB [video]

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:17 pm

Those guys from Andertons are brilliant! :thumbup:

Need to see people playing the Espada on the NAMM floor and their reaction

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:58 am

wow those all look fantastic!

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:45 pm

An intriguing guitar. A bit of an ugly duckling in my opinion but pretty unique. I could see getting one. It'll be interesting to hear more about the pickups and some real clips. It will probably have the wider neck that is the current fave though. That's too bad.
Lake Placid Blue, please.

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:49 am

suave eddie wrote:Regarding the Espada, I'd love to see a simple Z-2 in production without the added circuitry of the Espada.

I think you can just order a Z-3 and ask them to delete the middle pup. They're usually cool about little stuff like that. Worst case they'd definitely do it in the custom shop.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 am

willross wrote:

Cheers,
Will

Is this close enough?

https://reverb.com/item/18785472-puresa ... ty-one-off

Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:56 am

Nubs wrote:
willross wrote:

Cheers,
Will

Is this close enough?

https://reverb.com/item/18785472-puresa ... ty-one-off

Ha! That is the correct configuration.

See, not so hard...

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:09 pm

anybody spot the skyhawk hh in surf green?

if they do this INSTEAD of the cavalier it is going to break my heart. SO CLOSE yet so far :(

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:18 pm

neutralomen wrote:anybody spot the skyhawk hh in surf green?

if they do this INSTEAD of the cavalier it is going to break my heart. SO CLOSE yet so far :(

I did and here is part of my email to Dave McLaren:

I see some new colors (on two Invaders, an ASAT Classic Alnico and a pinkish metal flake top on an ASAT with 2 P-90s) and new guitars (a couple with a new bridge type-shortened AC bridge?).
I also see a Skyhawk in Clear Orange and a Skyhawk with 2 humbuckers. Also a Bluesboy with gold hardware (Custom Shop or did you bring back gold hardware)?.

Awaiting more info and updated Price Lists, too.

Stay tuned.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Dave Brown sent me these photos of some of the Custom Shop guitars shown at NAMM.

Custom Shop Invader XL in Sapphire Marble

Custom Shop Invader XL in Stout Fade

Custom Shop ASAT Semi-Hollow with P-90s in Champagne Metal Flake

Custom Shop ASAT Semi-Hollow with P-90s in Silver Metal Flake

Custom Shop ASAT Classic Alnico in Denim Blue

Custom Shop ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Natural Gloss on Guanacaste body with a Medium Roasted Maple neck with gold hardware

The other Invader in the booth is a Custom Shop Invader in Nearly Naked (NENA) Blue Ice with Frost finish.

All those finishes (except Silver Metal Flake) are Custom Shop only finishes.

Dave also told me that the Clear Orange Skyhawk and Surf Green Skyhawk HH will be new Fullerton Deluxe models.
I also know that there will be a Fullerton Deluxe Doheny model available in 3-tone Sunburst, Blonde, Lake Placid Blue and Surf Green. See the latest lists in: G&L USA Factory Inventory.

Dave Brown has built some very spectacular instruments in the G&L Custom Shop and I look forward to seeing many more to come. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:18 am

Craig wrote:Dave also told me that the Clear Orange Skyhawk and Surf Green Skyhawk HH will be new Fullerton Deluxe models.

To me, this seems like the last nail in the coffin of my Cavalier reissue dreams.

I know it's probably costly/not worth it for them to re-machine those old HG-2Rs and the plastic covers, but those slanted soapbars are so one of a kind, and throwing PAFs into a skyhawk is NOT THE SAME.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:47 am

OOOOoooooooooooooo!! Champagne sparkle! Very nice!!

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 pm

The fine folks at UpFront Guitars took this beautiful ASAT Classic in Guanacaste from the NAMM show to their store. Great images of a great guitar.

Fresh from NAMM 2019 this G&L Custom Shop Bluesboy with one-piece Guanocaste body, roasted flame maple neck and gold hardware. At only 7 pounds it’s light and super resonant.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:01 pm

:shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:40 pm

Nubs wrote: :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

I'll second that. Wowza!!

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:49 pm

Another repost from UpFront Guitars on G&L Facebook page:

Next up from our NAMM trip G&L Invader, Sapphire Marble with Floyd Rose locking vibrato. The finish is cosmic,
and the chrome covered G&L buckers are the right blend of bite and smoothness.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:05 pm

This thread is why I need to stop hanging out places like this; I'll accumulate more gear instead of focusing on my stable :D Espada looks great - wonder how the pickups compare to Z3 . Though I hate to say it - I'm almost as intrigued with the XII, even if they messed with the bridge (the most novel thing about it IMO.)