Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:
KenC wrote:
darwinohm wrote:It has been used by many and is a great cure for GAS.-- Darwin

It supposed to cure GAS??? I must be using it wrong! :lol:

Ken

I'd like to see that fugger break down for a month or two :silent:

You guys are making me laugh !!
(spelling LOL just wouldn't cut it this time)

Re: G&L On Line Guitar Builder

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Just a note to let you know that I am picking up a CD with the latest G&L offerings and options incorporated into the On Line Guitar Builder. I will pick it up tomorrow to verify and test. I will keep you informed and expect the changes to be online very soon. As with any enhanced product, hopefully it will cure GAS more effectively! --Darwin

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Thanks Darwin! I was wondering when I'll be able to GAS out over an LB-100 or Fallout.

Ken

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:
KenC wrote:
darwinohm wrote:It has been used by many and is a great cure for GAS.-- Darwin

It supposed to cure GAS??? I must be using it wrong! :lol:

Ken

I'd like to see that fugger break down for a month or two :silent:

i don't see how this causes gas. the only purpose to me is put in the options you want and find out the cost. unfortunately some options that are looks related are not selectable, so it's not that useful as far as that goes.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 pm

I was planning on a ASAT special then I fell in love with the SC2 on the builder .... now have one SC2 ordered ..... it sure didn't cure gas , but delivery will :)

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:57 am

Any word on when the updated site will be up and running?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:44 am

its running right now , it was yesterday too .... you have to click the link on the first page first post to "americanguitarandband "... then click on the "build your own custom G & L" aka guitar builder , then pick the guitar and it will load up .....

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:46 am

I clicked on the link, but it is still the original version. No new models yet. I've been thinking about a Fallout, but have been waiting for it to be added to the guitar builder.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:13 am

yes you are right its not updated yet ..... the builder is from American Guitar and Band not G & L , but American Guitar and band is a G & L dealer , maybe Darwin will know when its going to get up-dated with the Fallout

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:58 pm

This seems to be the new place to find the Guitar Builder:

http://www.americanguitarboutique.net/Guitar_index.html.

- Jos

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:27 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:This seems to be the new place to find the Guitar Builder:

http://www.americanguitarboutique.net/Guitar_index.html.

- Jos

Here's a better link (because it includes the both Guitars and Basses builders): AGB Guitar Generator.

:ugeek:

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:39 pm

So I'm confused with this thing a bit. What exactly is "Your AGB price"? Is that what we should expect to pay for our custom guitar that we are designing?

If so, this looks VERY promising!!

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Nubs wrote:So I'm confused with this thing a bit. What exactly is "Your AGB price"? Is that what we should expect to pay for our custom guitar that we are designing?

If so, this looks VERY promising!!

American Guitar Boutique ("AGB") put the Guitar Builder up on line as a sales tool. The "AGB price" is what they would charge to order that guitar or bass for you. It is AGB-specific, so I wouldn't count on getting that exact price from a different dealer.

Ken

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:27 pm

KenC wrote:American Guitar Boutique ("AGB") put the Guitar Builder up on line as a sales tool. The "AGB price" is what they would charge to order that guitar or bass for you. It is AGB-specific, so I wouldn't count on getting that exact price from a different dealer.

Ken

Ok fair enough. So if I ordered my custom guitar from them, I would pay the AGB price, correct? Then I assume they can either receive the guitar & ship it to me or just drop ship it to me. Is that how it works?

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 am

Now they're closed, right? If so, how long will that "builder" be hosted?

Cheers,

Will

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:12 am

Hopefully Darwin will see this thread and respond. He'll have the best info.

Ken

Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:05 am

KenC wrote:Hopefully Darwin will see this thread and respond. He'll have the best info.

Ken

Hope so. I'm pretty interested to see what variation in price custom ordering one of these would be. I'm hoping the AGB pricing is somewhat close to what I would expect from other dealers.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:07 am

my dealer was less than AGB on every one I ordered new

Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:18 am

Eric, the builder price is the MAP price. I also paid less from AGB when I purchased guitars. You can still negotiate from the builder price. -- Darwin

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:41 am

Ok, I was just thrown by this page: http://www.americanguitarboutique.net/

I tried to call the number listed, but it is not active. I see that they have the Reverb page still open, but listing that same phone number as a contact. I just sent an email and hopefully get a response...

Cheers,

Will

* Lana at Reverb stated that they were liquidating and closing. If hosting for that builder will be suspended at some point, I would be willing to host it...

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Ok, here is the "official" from Cory Lake:
We are open. Tim has the store in Alabama. I am still in Minnesota. We are still a G&L dealer. You can custom build one or check the reverb site for what's in stock

Thanks

Cory Lake
612-251-9191

I also let him know about Reverb's comment so he could let them know too...

Cheers,

Will

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:14 am

So does anyone know if the builder will include the Old School Tobacco Burst color? I've looked at that color on G&L's Facebook page...it's totally awesome!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Nubs wrote:So does anyone know if the builder will include the Old School Tobacco Burst color? I've looked at that color on G&L's Facebook page...it's totally awesome!

It's up to AGB to update their builder tool. You might contact them and ask when it will be updated.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:41 am

Ok, but that IS an existing color option, correct?

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:50 am

Nubs wrote:Ok, but that IS an existing color option, correct?

The answer is in the Knowledgebase, see: Current US G&L Body Finishes. :searching: ;)

Here's another hint: see Old School Tobacco Sunburst returned officially ... :lol:

Last edited by Craig on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added another hint ...

Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:21 pm

hard to find three pages back :luv:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 am

Very nice! What about Empress" for body wood? I didn't see that as an option.

--Charley

Sat May 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Looks like the domain for American Guitar Boutique and the G&L builder has expired. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Sun May 15, 2016 11:56 am

Yes, it's here now:

http://www.glguitarsgenerator.com/Guitar_index.html

Mon May 16, 2016 7:43 am

Thanks. Sorry if my question was redundant. I searched with Google and found only references to AGB.