Neck Swap

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:05 pm

I have a Tribute ASAT Special with a rosewood fretboard. I really prefer maple boards though. I have a chance to get a neck with a maple board that came off an ASAT Classic. I just want to make sure there is no problem putting a neck from a Classic on a Special. It doesnt seem like there should be but I thought it best to ask first.

At least with the Tribute models, I dont see a lot of Specials with a maple board. What I really want is a Special semi hollow with a maple neck but that may need to wait until I can afford a USA and get everything exactly like I want it. Financially, that is light years away right now though.

Re: Neck Swap

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:40 pm

darylb wrote:I have a Tribute ASAT Special with a rosewood fretboard. I really prefer maple boards though. I have a chance to get a neck with a maple board that came off an ASAT Classic. I just want to make sure there is no problem putting a neck from a Classic on a Special. It doesnt seem like there should be but I thought it best to ask first.

At least with the Tribute models, I dont see a lot of Specials with a maple board. What I really want is a Special semi hollow with a maple neck but that may need to wait until I can afford a USA and get everything exactly like I want it. Financially, that is light years away right now though.

See this post: Replacing the neck on a Legacy Tribute?

Also, there are a number of eBay sellers who regularly part out Tributes and you should be able to find a Tribute Maple neck on
eBay.

Hope this helps.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:57 pm

The neck I found is on ebay and it comes from a Tribute but it says ASAT Classic. Mine is a Tribute but it is a Special. That has to work right?

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 pm

darylb wrote:The neck I found is on ebay and it comes from a Tribute but it says ASAT Classic. Mine is a Tribute but it is a Special. That has to work right?

G&L does not offer a maple neck for the Tribute ASAT Special, so you will have to use an ASAT Classic or ASAT BluesBoy neck
as the replacement. Just to be safe, ask the seller for the country of origin of the neck you are considering. If your Classic is
a Made in Indonesia, then get a neck which says Made in Indonesia.

Hope this helps.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:37 am

It helps a lot. I checked and they were both made in Indonesia so we should be good. Thanks.