Replacement neck for a '97 ASAT Classic

Fri May 14, 2010 9:12 pm

Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement neck? I have a '97 ASAT Classic that is a lovely guitar but I wish it had a G&L No. 1 neck on it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Replacement neck for a '97 ASAT Classic

Fri May 14, 2010 9:48 pm

blargfromouterspace wrote:Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement neck? I have a '97 ASAT Classic that is a lovely guitar but I wish it had a G&L No. 1 neck on it. Any help would be much appreciated.

As far as I know, G&L does not have an official policy on neck replacements outside of warranty work.
I don't know of any aftermarket sources for G&L necks.
You could post a Want Ad in our Marketplace. Make sure to indicate the number of bolts the existing neck has.
You could also check eBay, but make sure that the neck is for the US built ASAT Classic. There is atleast
one seller who regularly parts out G&L Tributes and those necks are not likely to fit your guitar.

Hope this helps.

Sat May 15, 2010 5:51 pm

My suggestion is to shop around for an ASAT with a #1 neck.

The ole Fenders were meant to have replacement necks coming and going off the loaded body.

I don't see G + L (usa) guitars in those terms. A lot of sweat went into getting the original neck to marry just so to the body. I don't think G + L particularly wants to encourage people to switch and swap necks because the essence of the guitar gets diluted. I simply accept that.

I'd love to see more usa G + L models with larger diameter necks, with 6125 fretwire. I hope more dealers will order them like that, as I much prefer playing the guitar before I lay the money down. I know that may not be tomorrow, but I have 5 very nice G + L s to keep me happy until that day comes. :whome:

Sat May 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks Craig. Thanks Boris.

I may just try and sell the guitar, but it sounds so damn good! I can just get used to it I guess.

My other 2 G&L's have the #1 neck with the gun oil gloss finish and they play absolutely beautifully. The only thing I might change on it would be 6105 frets, I'll et that done when it needs a re-fret though. I bought all of them without trying them first, I have not been disappointed once!