new guitar day

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:59 pm

just got back from Kalamazoo where I was given a private tour and presented with a new Heritage. This guitar has been a project that has been in works for about two years. One year was just me begging and the last year was me begging and them putting it together.

This guitar is a variation of an old and rare model Heritage, the H-125 . They connected me with the original designer of this guitar and allowed me to tweak out the body shape, choose the woods, pickups and control configuration. That topped off with an ebony board and inlayed Heritage logo, this is killer.

I don't talk about my guitars very often but this one is over the top and the owners at Heritage were incredible. These guy's called me several times during the build to ask me questions and to just talk shop. They really wanted it to come out right.

It is so cool get phone calls from guy's that are building you a guitar. the same guy's that built guitars for Chet Atkins and Gary Moore, B.B. King and Les Paul.

This is a two humbucker, one of a king blues machine and while I don't talk about my old G&l's that often, I'm telling everyone about this guitar!

I will try to post pictures if anyone is interested, I think you will find it interesting.

That was a fun day,

Y2kc

Re: new guitar day

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:21 pm

y2kc wrote:I don't talk about my guitars very often but this one is over the top and the owners at Heritage were incredible. These guy's called me several times during the build to ask me questions and to just talk shop. They really wanted it to come out right.

It is so cool get phone calls from guy's that are building you a guitar. the same guy's that built guitars for Chet Atkins and Gary Moore, B.B. King and Les Paul.

This is a two humbucker, one of a king blues machine and while I don't talk about my old G&l's that often, I'm telling everyone about this guitar!

I will try to post pictures if anyone is interested, I think you will find it interesting.

Y2kc

One interested here Y2kc,and loved to hear of the customer service you recieved as well! :thumbup:
Bring it orn..... :)

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Pictures please!!!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 pm

KenC wrote:Pictures please!!!

+1

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 pm

KenC wrote:Pictures please!!!

+2 :searching:

A variation of this I wager?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:27 am

That is the animal. The three I have are all slightly different. I have a black one just like the red one in the picture. I sure would like to find more.

y2kc

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:48 am

I posted a picture over at the HOC (heritage owners club) website. I am not a camera/computer whizz or I would post them here as well. The moderator over there put them up for me. Feal free to post them here if you have the skills.

These are my set neck blues machines. The Heritage guitars do everything for me that a set neck is supposed to. Affordable, custom and made by hand in the same factory that makes a ton of great guitars. These are the real Kalamazoo guitars!
As I was walking through the plant with Rendall Wall,( he started with Gibson in 1960 and his dad was already working there) he paused and stated very proudly that there are no computers or cnc machines in the building. He told me that the only computer used is his iPhone for ordering parts and calling nerds like me. These guitars are built by hand and the workers have a great deal of pride in what they do. These guy's build,play and breath guitars.

This was my third trip to the factory in two years and let me tell ya the heart of Kalamazoo is beating strong at 225 Parsons Street! USA!USA!USA!!!! It was a fun day.

y2kc

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 am

y2kc wrote:I posted a picture over at the HOC (heritage owners club) website. I am not a camera/computer whizz or I would post them here as well. The moderator over there put them up for me. Feal free to post them here if you have the skills.

These are my set neck blues machines. The Heritage guitars do everything for me that a set neck is supposed to. Affordable, custom and made by hand in the same factory that makes a ton of great guitars. These are the real Kalamazoo guitars!
As I was walking through the plant with Rendall Wall,( he started with Gibson in 1960 and his dad was already working there) he paused and stated very proudly that there are no computers or cnc machines in the building. He told me that the only computer used is his iPhone for ordering parts and calling nerds like me. These guitars are built by hand and the workers have a great deal of pride in what they do. These guy's build,play and breath guitars.

This was my third trip to the factory in two years and let me tell ya the heart of Kalamazoo is beating strong at 225 Parsons Street! USA!USA!USA!!!! It was a fun day.

y2kc