FMIC Cancels IPO

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:51 pm

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2 ... bc|cover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Earned%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=174118178

Thought this might be of interest here. - ed

Re: FMIC Cancels IPO

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Read it this morning in the local newspaper. Interesting indeed!

- Jos

Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:58 pm

very interesting. i didn't know fender had a troubled relationship with gc.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:15 pm

I had no idea GC was in that big of a hole.

IPOs are not what they used to be. Facepalm proved that.
Economy is going towards the toilet, I can understand why investors are weary.

I hope G&L has a plan for the economic disaster that lays ahead in our future.
http://tinyurl.com/782ld4a

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:59 pm

So we are a new store. One year this week. In looking for products and companies to partner with in the past year + I have called on some in an attempt to develop a relationship. Being new I understand that companies would have some apprehension in dealing with us. That being said we have paid up front for all opening orders and have amazing credit references. My personal history is with a local shop in Seattle and at GC. While at GC I sold millions of dollars of guitars in the Seattle area. This is an easily trackable number considering the head of Fender used to be my boss there. Fender never returned any of my phone calls. Neither has the Taylor rep for that matter. Oh and Rickenbacker basically just hung up on me. I would think that a company looking to IPO would have sales reps that actually knew how to at least make a courtesy call back.
By the way we have over thirty G&L in stock! Many different finishes, neck profiles, dexterity, gloss options and such to feel. Funny how the G&L line has continued to grow with us and we just stopped calling Fender.....

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:08 am

Unbelievable. Suppose FMIC has gotten "too big to succeed." Glad G&L/BBE appreciates what you're doing. Best of luck to you, and welcome! - ed