video: PedalPro System (analog multi-effects) footcontroller

Mon May 07, 2012 8:02 am

Hi all,

we've just finished a new video, showing some features of the footcontroller that's part of the PedalPro system.
[youtube]ZpsWaHo9naw[/youtube]

This hopefully answers some of the questions that came up when we put up the introduction video. (If you didn't catch it earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWW_2ywut4c).

Hope you like it, more videos are coming soon, focusing on the effects themselves.

All the best,

Roger

Re: video: PedalPro System (analog multi-effects) footcontro

Mon May 07, 2012 1:20 pm

interesting. although i have a question, if in the heat of performance, you step on the pad a little hard and instead of going to the second bank, you mute the output, can you adjust the amount of pressure necessary to engage the third level?
also, can you ave the tuner on while you play? i like to have my tuner on, not mute, as i look down and check while i am playing, checking tuning as i go. only want the mute when i tune between songs. does the tuner have the ability to display all the strings at once in a strum?

Thu May 10, 2012 4:22 am

louis cyfer wrote:interesting. although i have a question, if in the heat of performance, you step on the pad a little hard and instead of going to the second bank, you mute the output, can you adjust the amount of pressure necessary to engage the third level?
also, can you ave the tuner on while you play? i like to have my tuner on, not mute, as i look down and check while i am playing, checking tuning as i go. only want the mute when i tune between songs. does the tuner have the ability to display all the strings at once in a strum?

Hi Louis,
yes you can set the pressure needed for each level. You can set things up to your own preference and weight so that you won't accidentally select a different level then wanted.
As for the tuner, you have to engage tuner/mute to tune. But having it on while playing might be a cool option, i'll ask the designers about that.
There is no poly-tune.
R

Thu May 24, 2012 5:46 am

louis cyfer wrote:interesting. although i have a question...

Hi Louis,

some news: a new video, showing the different fx, is online:
[youtube]Gq_6lxyQwN8[/youtube]
And, the price has been reduced from 2100 to 1680 euro ex VAT.

ciao,
Roger

Fri May 25, 2012 3:09 am

there are some nice sounds in there, bit the distortion sounds are still pretty weak. the od tone you had was better. the distortion tone is fiizy and thin, has lots of lows and high but the midrange is lacking. the heavy distortion is muffled sounding. the clean sounds are very nice, and the playing is also great. i am guessing you are not a big heavy od/distortion player. i like the feature of adjusting the gain level on the fly, but i would have liked to hear how the od responded to the volume control on the guitar as well.

Fri May 25, 2012 6:32 am

louis cyfer wrote:there are some nice sounds in there, bit the distortion sounds are still pretty weak. the od tone you had was better. the distortion tone is fiizy and thin, has lots of lows and high but the midrange is lacking. the heavy distortion is muffled sounding. the clean sounds are very nice, and the playing is also great. i am guessing you are not a big heavy od/distortion player. i like the feature of adjusting the gain level on the fly, but i would have liked to hear how the od responded to the volume control on the guitar as well.

Hey Louis,

thanks again. Here's a video, made by Gitarist magazine, where i show how the drive cleans up using the guitar volume:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BOAfwkGyKVM#t=197s
You're right about the heavy distortions, not my specialty. But I like these distortions a lot, comparing to the usual distortion pedals. I guess for a better distortion tone most people would prefer to run the PedalPro into a dirty tube amp. This is just the PedalPro into a mega clean Twin at low volume.
best,
R

Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 am

Roger Axetrample wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:there are some nice sounds in there, bit the distortion sounds are still pretty weak. the od tone you had was better. the distortion tone is fiizy and thin, has lots of lows and high but the midrange is lacking. the heavy distortion is muffled sounding. the clean sounds are very nice, and the playing is also great. i am guessing you are not a big heavy od/distortion player. i like the feature of adjusting the gain level on the fly, but i would have liked to hear how the od responded to the volume control on the guitar as well.

Hey Louis,

thanks again. Here's a video, made by Gitarist magazine, where i show how the drive cleans up using the guitar volume:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BOAfwkGyKVM#t=197s
You're right about the heavy distortions, not my specialty. But I like these distortions a lot, comparing to the usual distortion pedals. I guess for a better distortion tone most people would prefer to run the PedalPro into a dirty tube amp. This is just the PedalPro into a mega clean Twin at low volume.
best,
R

i like that video. much better playing as well. the dynamics are nice too.

i use a super clean amp and get all gain from pedals. if you mean usual pedals like boss or digitech, yes it's good compared to that. but at this price it has to do better than that. i use jetter, hao, timmy, xts, epicenter audio, fulltone, hbe, lovepedal od's and distortions and i actually prefer the result to getting it from a dirty tube amp. with an amp, the flavor of the overdrive remains the same, just the amount of gain changes. this way i have very different tones available. a good pedal into a mega clean twin at low volume should give spectacular results.

Sat May 26, 2012 7:37 am

louis cyfer wrote:i like that video. much better playing as well. the dynamics are nice too.

i use a super clean amp and get all gain from pedals. if you mean usual pedals like boss or digitech, yes it's good compared to that. but at this price it has to do better than that. i use jetter, hao, timmy, xts, epicenter audio, fulltone, hbe, lovepedal od's and distortions and i actually prefer the result to getting it from a dirty tube amp. with an amp, the flavor of the overdrive remains the same, just the amount of gain changes. this way i have very different tones available. a good pedal into a mega clean twin at low volume should give spectacular results.

Thanks!
Hi, no i wasn't talking Boss or Digitech. I meant the 'boutique' stuff like Klon, Zendrive. PedalPro is pure FET distortion/od and yes, for my taste it kills most pedals. Not that i've played all those you mention. But we'd have to make AB comparison vids so that we all know what's what. It will come down to taste but for me, the sounds are top notch.
best,
R

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:30 am

louis cyfer wrote:i like that video. much better playing as well. the dynamics are nice too.

Hi again Louis,

we've done a new video showing how to control outboard fx with the system. This uses the (mono and stereo) loops and the MIDI out.
[youtube]XM2RF8SqqIU[/youtube]
All the best,
Roger