An afternoon at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum and Ar

Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:47 pm

I spent the morning and the a portion of the afternoon at archives and museum. My niece is an archivist there so my brother and I went for a tour of the archives. We were able to take the VIP tour which included two family members of Tom Dowd and Don Kirshner, both of whom are being inducted into the Hall of Fame tonight. I think it was Tom Dowd's daughter and wife as well as Don Kirshner's wife and grandaughter(?). They have a ton of stuff in the archives including bootlegged concert recordings. It was a real treat to see this stuff and get some insight into how stuff goes through the archival process.

They also opened a Grateful Dead exhibit at the museum this week. It very well done with lots of interesting stuff including some of Jeery's and Bob's guitars. Lots of other cool stuff sure to bring back memories from wharever genre and era of music appeals to you.

Tonight is the induction event and shiuld be lots of fun. It would appear the performing acts are not as scripted as one would think.

RickT

Re: An afternoon at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum an

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:31 pm

...... lots of interesting stuff including some of Jerry's and Bob's guitars.

Which of Jerry's and Bob's guitars were on display?

Is John Cippollina's rig (http://www.johncipollina.com/rockAmpStack.htm) still on display?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:04 pm

i thought it is rod stewart, guns and roses, red hot chilli peppers getting inducted tonight.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:04 pm

louis cyfer wrote:i thought it is rod stewart, guns and roses, red hot chilli peppers getting inducted tonight.

It's the faces being inducted. Unfortunately, neither Rod nor Axl will be attending.

I'll post more after the show.

RickT

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:10 am

RickT wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:i thought it is rod stewart, guns and roses, red hot chilli peppers getting inducted tonight.

It's the faces being inducted. Unfortunately, neither Rod nor Axl will be attending.

I'll post more after the show.

RickT

Did Ronnie Wood show up? Sounds like a really fun and interesting day.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Here's link to the local Cleveland station that provides a pretty good synopsis of the evening. The music was fantastic and it was one of those events where your going to see performers and genres that you would never pay money to see but come away with a better appreciation for the artists. I had a fantastic time and sharing it with my brother made it even more special.

http://fox8.com/2012/04/14/rock-hall-inductions-performers-presenters-events/

RickT