My Cousin George

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:39 pm

[youtube]GbkwnVQx8VQ[/youtube]

George Muto is my cousin and a hell of a writer and player. Hell of a guy too. He's in the NYC area. Was in a kick-ass band when he was young, stepped away from music for a time while raising his kid. Now he's back, and better than ever. His "Men from Muto" was recently released.

I'm thinking that it would be cool to get a G&L Rampage in his able hands. Thoughts? - ed

Re: My Cousin George

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:22 pm

zapcosongs wrote:George Muto is my cousin and a hell of a writer and player. Hell of a guy too. He's in the NYC area. Was in a kick-ass band when he was young, stepped away from music for a time while raising his kid. Now he's back, and better than ever. His "Men from Muto" was recently released.

I'm thinking that it would be cool to get a G&L Rampage in his able hands. Thoughts? - ed

Warning: That video's audio screamed through my headphones like knives.

More good players need to use G&L so any model in his hands will do.

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Ed -

That rocked. Let him know I said "Joe Satriani meets Stanley Jordan"....

BW

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:03 am

Great player, still got some moves and a one pickup guitar to boot!

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Verrrry nice Ed. Does he cover any of your songs? :)

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Hey Jon. No. Let's just say my music and his has very little in common. Fantastic guy, though, and I think a great natural talent.

What's new with you? - ed

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Ed, I just had a chance to download this. The music is way otta' my league but this dude can play!-- Darwin

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:57 pm

A little more, perhaps? (you've seen the first vid in this collection):

http://www.digital-nations.com/artists/muto/video.html

- ed

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Ed, this dude is something else!!!! Are you taking lessons from this guy? I could use a few! -- Darwin

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:56 pm

No lessons for me. Would be a waste of George's time. I don't have the coordination nor the musical instincts. Besides, 250 miles separate us now.

Out of curiosity, I did go to Amazon this evening and I discovered this:

http://www.amazon.com/Men-from-Muto/dp/B005CS5MH6

I listened to most of the samples, and I am honestly very, very impressed. Proud to know you, George! Remember me when you're famous. Ha! - ed