NGD/I betrayed

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:03 am

Hi fellows,
I must confess, my red Legacy special didn't do it anymore for me, compare it to my ASAT classic custom wasn't fair I guess, but I had to let it go... I'm afraid I joined the enemy, the 24.75 scale, 2 hb league :mrgreen: !

No, not a G**son, check this out :

Yeeees, Korina, two duncan '59, really mint, it's awesome !!!

Hope I'll find compassion over here :lol: , for it is a sweet guitar that complements my ASAT really well.

Re: NGD/I betrayed

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 am

Very nice! Hamer makes an excellent guitar. Congratulations on your new acquisition.

RickT

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:48 am

That's a nice one! My buddy has the same guitar (Korina Artist) with P-90's and I had a great time playing it one night. It's one of those guitars that just feels "right" in your hands. Don't feel bad - variety is the spice of life! Congratulations!

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:56 am

Very nice guitar. I have an Artist with p 90s.-- Darwin

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Nice guitar! Some of the FMIC owned brands are building amazing instruments.

- Jos

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 pm

the hamers are very nice, although i don't like those pups. try some p90's in there.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:18 pm

One of my favorite Hamers. Had a chance to buy one just like that a few years ago and kick myself for not doing it. Personally, I wouldn't change a thing on it. The Duncan '59s are a perfect match for the Korina; they give a great vintage tone that is just so versatile. I know they do make some versions with P-90s, and they're cool too; but a good humbucker guitar is a must-have in anyone's aresenal. When I played that guitar, I felt like it would have been suitable for any kind of music. Jol really got this one right.

I really like the Hamer Custom Studio and the Custom Artist models, and if I hadn't gotten into Les Pauls, I'd have gotten into Hamers.

Enjoy that beautiful guitar. I hope it puts a big smile on your face every time you play it!

Bill

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:38 am

I must agree with your statement. This guitar seems to sound good regardless the style I'm willing to play with it. I find the '59 pretty good at the moment and don't feel the urge to change anything. Although I struggle a little bit to find the right settings on the overdrive channel of my F30, but it's just a matter of time I guess, and, the fact that it's my first short-scale two HB guitar, so my hands have to get accustomed to the change.

I'm already in love though, and I'll sure try to get my hand on an Artist custom one of these days !