Fender Mahogany American Deluxe Strat-Special Run

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:16 pm

For those of you that have never seen one, this is a Mahogany Strat. I purchased it new in 2008 and it has had virtually no play. I usually play a G&L. Anyway it has the LSR nut, S1 switching and Schaller locking tuners, therefore no string tree. I just did my winter check on it. -- Darwin

Re: Fender Mahogany American Deluxe Strat-Special Run

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:37 pm

very nice. i have a mahogany strat. a satin trans mahogany strat.

here it is

[youtube]PkPpi4v4K2w[/youtube]

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:58 pm

That's some hot blues Louis, Nice Strat, no pickguard. What model is it?-- Darwin.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:18 pm

darwinohm wrote:That's some hot blues Louis, Nice Strat, no pickguard. What model is it?-- Darwin.

it is called the satin trans fat strat . Image

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Darwin, very nice choice my friend...

So here's the million dollar question, should G&L offer a Invader or Legacy HB in Mahogany??

IMHO would be a nice offering but will the boys in finance say there are enough buyers?? :?

I am an ASAT guy but do think I could be swayed wth the right mukti-talent guitar like this.

What-u-think? :!:

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:15 pm

sam wrote:Darwin, very nice choice my friend...

So here's the million dollar question, should G&L offer a Invader or Legacy HB in Mahogany??

IMHO would be a nice offering but will the boys in finance say there are enough buyers?? :?

I am an ASAT guy but do think I could be swayed wth the right mukti-talent guitar like this.

G&L did do the following Mahogany Special Builds:

ASAT HB Special Build 2004 less than 35 (mahogany body and neck)
Legacy Special Mahogany Special Build 2004 less than 25
Comanche Mahogany Special Build 2004 less than 25
S-500 Mahogany Special Build 2004 less than 25
ASAT Classic "Blues Boy" Special Build 2005 28
Legacy HB Mahogany Special Build 2006 35

plus my one-off ASAT Special Semi-hollow all mahogany (body and neck) with gold hardware and rear-loaded controls (no pickguard).

There are also two Invaders (G0xxxx) and one Invader Plus with mahogany bodies in the G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:59 am

NICE playing, really enjoyed it!

Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:38 am

Thanks Craig,

Forgot about those special builds. Now the search is on. :searching:

Forgot to send kudos to the clip in earlier post, nice playing. :alright:

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:21 am

Forgot about those special builds. Now the search is on.

Don't have to look too hard. Here's a mahogany Legacy HB on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190616536712?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c61a18688

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Craig wrote:
sam wrote:Darwin, very nice choice my friend...

G&L did do the following Mahogany Special Builds:

ASAT HB Special Build 2004 less than 35 (mahogany body and neck)
Legacy Special Mahogany Special Build 2004 less than 25
Comanche Mahogany Special Build 2004 less than 25
S-500 Mahogany Special Build 2004 less than 25
ASAT Classic "Blues Boy" Special Build 2005 28
Legacy HB Mahogany Special Build 2006 35

plus my one-off ASAT Special Semi-hollow all mahogany (body and neck) with gold hardware and rear-loaded controls (no pickguard).

There are also two Invaders (G0xxxx) and one Invader Plus with mahogany bodies in the G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.

what other info is available on the s-500 special build? i tried searching but nothing.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:28 am

louis cyfer wrote:what other info is available on the s-500 special build? i tried searching but nothing.

There is hardly any information on these models. You must have noticed they are all conspicuously absent on the Custom Creations page of G&L's website. The only references I know of is their inclusion in the Production List of G&L Instruments (USA) and an additional reference for ASAT-models in the List of Special Edition & Non-Production ASAT-style guitars, both in the Knowledgebase of this forum.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:29 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:what other info is available on the s-500 special build? i tried searching but nothing.

There is hardly any information on these models. You must have noticed they are all conspicuously absent on the Custom Creations page of G&L's website. The only references I know of is their inclusion in the Production List of G&L Instruments (USA) and an additional reference for ASAT-models in the List of Special Edition & Non-Production ASAT-style guitars, both in the Knowledgebase of this forum.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

i saw those, but it doesn't say anything about the guitars. i did however contact dwasifar who used to own this one, and he already answered this morning. i found him in the registry, after figuring out which of the 25 this one is.