Snark Tuner

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Gdub mentioned one the other day but I have to say that I am impressed with this product. I purchased one two wees ago and used it for our two night gig that weekend. First of all, they can be had for about $15 on the internet. My daughter Kari, turned me on to it.

I own several tuners, a couple of strobes and Fender PT 100 and some other chromatic tuners. Most of them require a power source and batteries go dead so I like to plug them into 110. The first thing that I did was check the Snark against one of my strobes. I was blown away by the accuracy. It is dead on. The next thing I did was test it for tuning the low B on my L-2500 and was surprised to see that it picked it up immediately. So far, I'm impressed. I used it on the gig that weekend and it is so easy to use and visible. The display is clear as can be and it is the easiest tuner that I have ever used as it is a clip on, no plug in. The only thing I have not tested is the battery life but I suspect that it will not be an issue. It is a sweet product and would make a great stocking stuffer. Here is a picture and I apologize as my camera is not doing a good job close up.-- Darwin

Re: Snark Tuner

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Cool. Looks like you can play racquetball with that thing.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:45 am

Right on Darwin! The Snark is great! The one you have is exclusively for stringed instruments (I think), mine is the all instrument Red SN-2 version. So that's something to note--the color of the Snark indicates the model, and each has unique features. The price doesn't vary that much between the models. Definitely a cheap thrill and well worth having in the gig bag.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:56 pm

GDub wrote:Right on Darwin! The Snark is great! The one you have is exclusively for stringed instruments (I think), mine is the all instrument Red SN-2 version. So that's something to note--the color of the Snark indicates the model, and each has unique features. The price doesn't vary that much between the models. Definitely a cheap thrill and well worth having in the gig bag.

i got the red one too. extended tuning range, mic as well as contact sensor. same price, more features. win win.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:59 pm

I've got the red and the blue and I am so impressed, I am giving them out as Xmas gifts to my family that play!

Big spender, lol