Whole Different Animal

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Tonight I brought the Parker Southern out and gave it new strings and a makeover. These are not very common and Tele guys are not going to jump on them but let me tell you, this is one fine instrument. It has the most stable neck of all the guitars that I own. It is also the lightest ( probably under 7 lbs) and it is effortless to play. The neck is actually maple encased in composite. The only possible space for moisture or dryness to enter is the small area around the truss rod nut. I suspect that is why the neck is so stable. It also has a piezo pickup therefore the 3 rd knob. I am posting for a change of pace and many of you new folks have not seen it. Here it is.

You can see the texture of the neck on the reflection in the right hand side.

This has Stainless Steel frets.

Darwin

Re: Whole Different Animal

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:59 pm

very nice. i like those parkers. i like how they play. the sound is a little without personality, at least the ones i have tried.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Interesting body shape makes me think of graffiti. The one I heard also sounded like Louis said "without personality" but I could not say it was the guitar and not the amp and the player. The musician using it has never shown a sense for good guitar tone.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Not only a top quality instrument, but the look is just right when you sit in with these guys! (0:20 ish)

[youtube]UAGfC0Ktb5Q[/youtube]

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Really is quite collection you have Darwin :thumbup:

I remember when the first Parker guitars came out, they looked so space age. Now they look a tad dated! I haven't played or even seen one since the first ones but I remember really liking the way they played. What are the pickups in that one Darwin? I can see Seymour Duncan written there.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Jamie, they are SD's supposedly voiced for the Parker ss frets. It has a Fishman Piezo bridge. It is an extremely fast, easy playing guitar, probably because of the neck and weight. It is a fun rig to play. Thanks Jamie, If you lived down the street you cold try them all!-- Darwin