Fender Jazz Bass

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:48 am

Hi Everyone:

I am currently in florida and I went to a reputable pawn shop. They have a left handed Fender Jazz Bass (looks antique white with white pick guard), Made in Mexico, serial number MZ3088569. This would tell me its made 2003-2004 time frame.

Strings are rusted, no biggie, pups have rust on the poles and the guitar looks very dirty and needs a good cleaning and setup. It looks a lot older than a 2003. It doesn't however have any dings, etc and the frets look good, the bridge fine. The middle two strings are set very high, weird. Neck looks straight, fretboard needs a good oiling.

THey are asking $295 for it. I have never owned a bass and this would be a chance to get one cheap. Just wondering if its worth it or if I'd be throwing $295 away.

Thx for your help,

Alf

Re: Fender Jazz Bass

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:03 am

This could be a nice bass after a good cleanup. If you like it, I would offer them less and you may go home with a good deal! -- Darwin

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:08 am

Hi Darwin:

Thanks very much, it doesn't have a case or a gig bag, but I was thinking it might be a good one to get. Found out the colour is arctic white.

Thx again,

Alf

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:05 am

I went back and got it for $250. Very happy, always nice to get a new guitar, even if its a bass, lol.

I'm one of those bass guys now, ha,

Alf

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Sweet deal Alf. I think you should post a pic! -- Darwin