Question For You

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:39 am

I know this is a long shot. The question is can you remove the truss rod nut on a 97 Fender American Tele? I have tried and there is a resistance as I believe that the wood plug Fender inserts prevents the nut from being removed. Hope that someone here has the answer. Thanks in advance.-- Darwin

Re: Question For You

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:26 pm

I may have answered my own question. I have decided that this is a Bi-flex truss and it has always taken a lot of pressure too adjust and I was afraid to tighten any more for fear of breaking the rod. Tonight I discovered that by totally removing the string tension, it turns much easier and adjusts. It makes sense but I haven't had to do that to any others. So, I believe that all is well. It is a 97 Tele Plus and here are a couple of pics. I have not seen one in this color on the bay. They are scarce. It has a binding on the top of the body and appears to be a 2 piece ash body. One of the nicer that I have seen from Fender.-- Darwin

Last edited by darwinohm on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:35 pm

That is a sweet looking axe Darwin. As far as I can tell, Tele Plus guitars were never that popular at the time of release, but after Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead started playing them they have been 'discovered' and now you hardly see any for sale. Those that do pop up are going for pretty good $$$.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:39 pm

Yes, they do go for a good price. This is in pristine condition and is not a player but was purchased as an investment. -- Darwin