LsL in the house

Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:01 pm

I didn't go looking for a new guitar but one was calling my name as soon as I walked through the door at Fat Sound Guitars. I brought home an LsL Tele-Strat guitar. I'm not sure of the model number, but it's got 3 tele pickups and a body shape that is a cross between a telecaster and a stratocaster. It weighs 6.25 lbs, sounds great, and, did I mention it is light as a ukelele?

RickT

Re: LsL in the house

Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Great looking guitar Rick. Only when I read your description I saw it was more of an S-body. My brain had already extrapolated the whole thing to be a T-body. Strange how brains work :think:

- Jos

Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:09 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:Great looking guitar Rick. Only when I read your description I saw it was more of an S-body. My brain had already extrapolated the whole thing to be a T-body. Strange how brains work :think:

- Jos

Same here :think:

-Dave

Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Schweet! It's called a Mongrel. Lance Lerman, owner of LsL is a friend of mine. They are located in Van Nuys, CA. You can see some pics of that and other guitars on my website (http://www.tone-guard.com) on the NAMM 2011 page. Lance has not updated his website to reflect several new models. Some of which will shown at Winter NAMM 2012. What's her name? BTW, Lance names every guitar and has a log book of every guitar built. Enjoy that guitar!

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:30 am

Thumbs wrote:Schweet! It's called a Mongrel. Lance Lerman, owner of LsL is a friend of mine. They are located in Van Nuys, CA. You can see some pics of that and other guitars on my website (http://www.tone-guard.com) on the NAMM 2011 page. Lance has not updated his website to reflect several new models. Some of which will shown at Winter NAMM 2012. What's her name? BTW, Lance names every guitar and has a log book of every guitar built. Enjoy that guitar!

And a Mongrel she is. Her name is Lindie and as sweet as she sounds, she does have some bite in the bridge pickup. The bridge tone on this guitar is nothing short of amazing. Whatever he uses to wind his pickups, it must have a mojo tone sauce injector because this guitar definitely has a voice that just makes you smile.

Tell Lance he's served up a slice of tone nirvana in a guitar that plays every bit as good as it sounds. The picture I posted really doesn't do justice to the look of the guitar. The translucent blonde finish shows off a gorgeous ash grain pattern in the body. Both the neck and fretboard have a beautiful flame pattern.

Will your switch tips fit on this guitar?

RickT

Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Dave_P wrote:
yowhatsshakin wrote:Great looking guitar Rick. Only when I read your description I saw it was more of an S-body. My brain had already extrapolated the whole thing to be a T-body. Strange how brains work :think:

- Jos

Same here :think:

-Dave

Me three. :think:

I like it. Did it come with the control plate reversed?

Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Rick, this is a keeper, the perfect guitar. Many will ask, how can you improve a Strat. This is another example of how they can be improved!-- Darwin

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:34 pm

RickT wrote:
Thumbs wrote:Schweet! It's called a Mongrel. Lance Lerman, owner of LsL is a friend of mine. They are located in Van Nuys, CA. You can see some pics of that and other guitars on my website (http://www.tone-guard.com) on the NAMM 2011 page. Lance has not updated his website to reflect several new models. Some of which will shown at Winter NAMM 2012. What's her name? BTW, Lance names every guitar and has a log book of every guitar built. Enjoy that guitar!

And a Mongrel she is. Her name is Lindie and as sweet as she sounds, she does have some bite in the bridge pickup. The bridge tone on this guitar is nothing short of amazing. Whatever he uses to wind his pickups, it must have a mojo tone sauce injector because this guitar definitely has a voice that just makes you smile.

Tell Lance he's served up a slice of tone nirvana in a guitar that plays every bit as good as it sounds. The picture I posted really doesn't do justice to the look of the guitar. The translucent blonde finish shows off a gorgeous ash grain pattern in the body. Both the neck and fretboard have a beautiful flame pattern.

Will your switch tips fit on this guitar?

RickT

That would be a yes! I updated my website NAMM 2011 page with the pics of knobs and switch on the NAMM Mongrel and on the Paisley model. I'll pass your kind words on to Lance, or you could send it to him yourself. I know he really likes to get the feedback from actual players. Lance makes his own pickups.

May Your Tubes Glow Brightly,

Thumbs