Ramblings From Our Weekend Show

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:35 am

We had our annual show yesterday afternoon, Sept 11, at the Edge Of Wilderness Center For The Arts, in Bigfork Mn. This is a state of the art theater that was built just a few years ago and this was our 6th or 7th annual.

First observation, I changed strings on Steves 87 Tele Plus and for those of you who are familiar with the old Wilkerson nut, I discovered that I couldn't see well enough to thread the strings through the nut. Age is not good to us. I also like larger side markers on the neck for that reason.

Second thing is that Steve used my G&L Legacy with the synth for Ring Of Fire. He did the horn part and then switched to guitar mode. A musician in the crowd talked to us afterward and thought that is was recorded and had used a recording for the horn part. He was blown away when we showed him the Synth. Thsi thing is real.

The highlight of the show was something that was something that you cannot plan. We have a new lady singer, Kelly, that is unbelievable and would have been a pro if she had not chose to raise a family. A few years ago she was the Minnesota State Karoke Champion and competed in Las Vegas in the nationals. She won 3rd in the nation. She has pipes and is a very attractive gal too boot. Individually we thought it was our best performance ever and we had our version of Lee Greenwoods "God Bless The USA" as our closing number. We nailed it and after the first bridge Kelly stopped singing. We kept going in a hold mold and discovered that she was crying. She explained to the crowd that she was thinking of the words and started crying. The crowd was standing and there was not a dry eye in the house. She regained her composure, the band had never stopped, and she finished the song. I actually have tears in my eyes while posting this. It was such a memorable event and I will never forget it.-- Darwin.

Re: Ramblings From Our Weekend Show

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:14 am

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great show. Nice job not bailing out on the singer! It takes band-character and experience not to freak out....jg

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:24 am

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
that take our breath away."

--George Carlin

This sounds like one of them.

I agree -

Thanks for sharing.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Sounds like a great gig, Darwin, and quite an achievement to touch so many people. :thumbup: