BBE Tremor

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:38 pm

I got one of these yesterday. BBE surprise me constantly at how well thought out their effects are. On the face of it a tremolo is a very simple pedal with controls for depth and speed. Thing is, on such a simple thing you have to get the sound just right. I'm pleased to say that they've done really well on it. It'll get you that lovely, throbbing amp style tremolo and there's no volume drop.

Something that I've had big problems with in other tremolo units I've owned is the taper on the speed control. A number of them go from far too slow to way too fast, with the usable range in a +/- 30 degree spot on the speed pot. This makes it ever so hard to get the right speed. The BBE one is as close to perfect as practical - it's dad easy to dial in and adjust speed to fit.

A top notch product :thumbup:

Re: BBE Tremor

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Yes, a classic effect, and still very usable. There is one on my Vibroking, and I use it a lot for rhythm playing.
It's nice that you have two footswitchable speedcontrols on the Tremor. That's an appealing feature. :thumbup:

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Would you pass the bitters, please? ;+) - ed

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Love mine! :happy0065:

Have a Nobels TR-X that has many wave forms and remains on the pedal board, but next to it is the Tremor because it is SO EASY and i do love the dual mode option.

Hey BBE guys, how about adding both sine wave settings and two squarewave settings, then the Tremor would TOTALLY be king of tremolo pedals. Wishful thinking but maybe Darth is looking in this weekend. Oh, hi Dave! :angel:

Very cool pedal. The BBE guys have it together.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:01 am

Would you pass the bitters, please? ;+) - ed

Here you go darling:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 am

Yum. You made my day!

I'm tremming all over!!! - ed

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:50 pm

sam wrote:Love mine! :happy0065:

Have a Nobels TR-X that has many wave forms and remains on the pedal board, but next to it is the Tremor because it is SO EASY and i do love the dual mode option.

Sam - You have really cool stuff. I'd like a run through of your gear one day :) Somehow that Nobels didn't show up on the radar when I was looking for a tremolo. It looks the business and seems thought out even better than the BBE, and very controllable. Had I known about it I would have, without question, got one of them. I'll be considering their delay for my next purchase.