Interesting page on "Ghostbuilding"

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:06 am

It's from a builder(now owns Mosrite too!) and huge store owner in Las Vegas, Ed Roman. Interesting stuff: http://www.edroman.com/rants/ghost.htm

Cheers,

Will

Re: Interesting page on "Ghostbuilding"

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Very interesting, thanks for posting that Will.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:40 pm

I never really know what to think of anything Ed writes. As an example, on the one hand he is panning Paul Reed Smith, on the other and he seems to have the largest collection of PRS Dragon guitars in his store. And I'm never able to walk away from anything he writes without thinking he is full of himself. Anyway, it is interesting stuff and I can totally believe it.

- Jos

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:46 pm

While it is a Ed Roman, he has the right of it on a lot of those ghost builds. Ghost build signature models are probably the only one I have an issue with, as the model sold is likely not spec identical to the one played, so there is some deception there.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Somehow I found that article not too long ago. It was interesting. Ed Roman is an archetypal character way too geekish to be a part of the cool clique. It is funny how people like this often insist they are the authority on the facts whether it is history or procedures. I ended up jumping around reading many links related to the article. Neal Schon guitars were horrid looking.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:20 am

I love Ed Roman's rants. Wouldn't do business with him, but appreciate his willingness to push his views.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Yeah, interesting stuff. I'm on the fence about a guitar for sale and after speaking with him, I found the rants page... It's the red Pearlcaster LH. We'll see.

Cheers,

Will

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:36 pm

I have heard far too much BS surrounding him and his guitars to ever consider buying anything from him Will. Having spoken to players with Quiksilvers he will also not aid in any post purchase problems, regardless of whether they are defects or not.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:39 pm

I have been visiting Ed Roman's site for a long time. I believe that he does tell it like it is. I really agree with his views on the vintage market. There is so much bogus vintage stuff out there. I also know there are some on this forum that do not like him as he was discussed probably 2 years ago or so. So whether you believe or not, his rants are very entertaining even if you don't believe him. I happen to believe a lot of the stuff that he has posted. There is really some good information available on the web and it is easy to find. -- Darwin :P

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:29 pm

If every nutjob in the world was as benign as Ed Roman, I'd be OK with that.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:22 am

darwinohm wrote:I have been visiting Ed Roman's site for a long time. I believe that he does tell it like it is. I really agree with his views on the vintage market. There is so much bogus vintage stuff out there. I also know there are some on this forum that do not like him as he was discussed probably 2 years ago or so. So whether you believe or not, his rants are very entertaining even if you don't believe him. I happen to believe a lot of the stuff that he has posted. There is really some good information available on the web and it is easy to find. -- Darwin :P

As long as you don't start beleiving his huge 24 fret vs 22 fret neck BS. That kind of argument only carries as far as the open strings, climbing up the neck distances become less (relatively) as well as unpredictable. :lol: