Big Outdoor Gig on Saturday

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:53 pm

TightSqueeze will be playing at the Ray Price Harley Davidson Wing Cook Off on Saturday. I'm a little concerned with the sound, since we decided to go with our standard set up which is the Bose L1 M2 double bass system for the vocals, guitars, and drums. We're running our standard back line, Dr Z Maz 18, jr and Swart AST for the guitars. I'll run two overhead mics for the drums and one mic for the kick drum.

I'll also be using a Swart Night Light to get my sound to the PA and mic up the Dr. Z with an SM57. We'll crank the guitars so I'm hoping we won't have to dial a lot of that into the mix.

Anyway, it should be a lot of fun and hopefully we can get in their rotation and do a few more gigs there.

My guitars for tomorrow will be my Don Grosh Retro Classic and my Hamer Newport 90.

RickT

Re: Big Outdoor Gig on Saturday

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Sounds like a sweet gig, Rick. Doing sound outdoors is always a problem, you never know if you'll have enough power. Hope it goes/went okay.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Actually, the gig turned out very nice. The Bose system carried the sound even better than I had imagined. In fact, we've had it cranked higher at indoor gigs. In fact, I am absolutely amazed at how well this system continues to perform.

They are going to invite us to play at their Bike Week in September which is at the convention hall in downtown Raleigh. That's a big gig. We got a lot of good comments on the sound and the music and the weather was just about as perfect a July summer day as you could hope for in North Carolina. Here's the link to the Ray Price Facebook pictures. (You have to click on the "Go To Facebook.com" link when the new page is displayed)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150258610849914.345527.20079859913#

RickT

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:27 am

Glad all worked out Rick. BTW, nice bass in the picture ;) Not that all other pictured instruments and amps are shabby ...

- Jos