G&L dealer with a new neck to check out...

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:29 am

Hey guys. We just launched this new neck and I'd love some feedback. Just shipped our third one since giving it a name, so I guess it's official. Please let us know what you think...
http://www.richboromusic.com/coyle-custom-neck/
It feels great and we're excited to get them into some players' hands.

Re: G&L dealer with a new neck to check out...

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:44 pm

This is promising as G&L replacement necks are hard to come by. The profile and radius sounds interesting. -- Darwin

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:00 pm

I second that. However, are those frets glued? I can see glue in one of the pics...

Cheers,

Will

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks. It's not glue, but that's our second prototype and didn't see the buffig compound and misc gunk until I saw the pics. That's just my personal one that's had lots of hours logged on it. We've been working on getting these up for sale and never took better pics of the subsequent customer models. I appreciate your feedback and promise that you won't find that stuff on a finished neck from us. I'll try to get better pics up this week. Thanks!

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:27 pm

CoylesRichboroMusic wrote:Hey guys. We just launched this new neck and I'd love some feedback. Just shipped our third one since giving it a name, so I guess it's official. Please let us know what you think...
http://www.richboromusic.com/coyle-custom-neck/
It feels great and we're excited to get them into some players' hands.

I think you should show the complete neck (including headstock, front and back).
Which size and type of frets are you using?
What is the nut width(s)?
What type of nut material is used?
What string size (9's, 10's, or ?) is the nut cut for?
What type of satin finish are you using? (poly or nitro?)
What type of truss rod system are you using?
Are tuners included? If so, which type(s)?
Are you building both right and left handed necks?
Is a reverse headstock an option?
What type of warranty does this neck have?

And certainly important to our members here:
Which models and years of G&L instruments will you be supporting? (USA and Tribute bodies?)

Hope this helps.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:24 am

Thanks Craig. For now, we don't have a left handed or reverse headstock option. However, those can certainly be done. We're doing our first G&L retrofit for a cusotmer's Trbute, so we'll make sure that's available. Other necks were Fender replacements. The satin finish is lacquer, nuts of bone or Graphtech. Frets have been 6130 or 6150's. The truss rod is a single-action and we offer a 5-year warranty.
Thanks again for the feedback and hopefully we'll get some updates posted in the coming weeks.
Over and out.