New Member Here & a question

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Hello everyone. Long time lurker here. Apparently I've had this login for quite some time but didn't know it. Not surprised though! I've been playing the guitar for around 16-17yrs or so and have several. However, I recently acquired my first G&L - ASAT Special, Swamp Ash & Rosewood fretboard, Sonic Blue w/ matching headstock, mint green pickguard, white pickup covers, semi-hollow (no f hole), #3 neck. As expected, it's awesome. So awesome, in fact, I'm already planning my next build. I guess you can say I've got the itch. Especially since G&L is so good to us lefty players when others are not.

I do have a question that I haven't seen before. I'm sure it's around, but I can't find anything on it in the search. Is it possible to get the 1d neck profile with a 1 11/16 nut? I have big hands, and the 1 5/8 is too cramped. Plus, I love the spacing the 1 11/16 nut has. The #3 neck I have is great, but it isn't as fat as I was expecting. I was envisioning more of a '59ish neck thickness for some reason, but it is certainly thinner than that. So, being that I am a "thumb over" bluesy style player, I was thinking the 1d V shape might be what I'm looking for. Any ideas?
Last edited by Lefty 2 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New Member Here & a question

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 pm

in the knowledge base will list all the neck sizes and shapes ... you can even get a 1 3/4 nut