Finally, a G&L owner again

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Greetings to all forum members. I'm happy to say I'm finally a G&L owner again after a long dry spell. Some months ago I snagged a nice 1995 ASAT III and I haven't been able to put it down. And I found out quite by accident today my wife purchased a 2007 Comanche VI for me as an early Christmas present. (Yep, she's a keeper.) I'm old enough to remember the "vintage" ad copy from 1989-90 located in the registry. I remember being quite intrigued at the time by the switching system, but there were no G&L dealers within 100 miles, instruments weren't routinely purchased through the mail, and my pockets were entirely too shallow anyway.

Looking forward to trading information, bantering, and perhaps telling a few tall(ish) tales.

Again, Greetings!

Re: Finally, a G&L owner again

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Smoochimoto wrote: And I found out quite by accident today my wife purchased a 2007 Comanche VI for me as an early Christmas present.

greetings, Cool ASAT lll, and your gonna have fun with that VI. :thumbup:
( My guess was close : viewtopic.php?p=62724#p62724 )

elwood

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:56 pm

You are correct Elwood, that is the one. I read through the posts and agree, that was a fair price. There was one listed on a forum (can't remember if it was this one or not) about 3 yrs ago for the same amount. Don't normally see them that often for sale, maybe 2-3 times a year, and normally for between 1700-2200 dollars.

Actually, my first G&L was a red ASAT special with a maple board I bought from Daddy's Junky Music for 285.00 about 17 years ago. Great guitar, I didn't know how to use it properly at the time. I expected it to be just like another single coil, single cutaway, which it wasn't, and of course that was the point. Just took me awhile to catch on to that fact.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:18 pm

cool !! ... your going to have a couple bad boys !!

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Here's a video of the ASAT III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMVsWmQB_c

This is not me, the person I bought the guitar from in March 2013 evidently posted this in 2010, but it is the exact instrument.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:18 am

Congratulations! You have a couple of nice G&L's! :thumbup:

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:13 am

Smoochimoto wrote:Here's a video of the ASAT III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMVsWmQB_c

This is not me, the person I bought the guitar from in March 2013 evidently posted this in 2010, but it is the exact instrument.

I hope you washed it. That is one dirty lookin' feller you bought it off :shock:

Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:53 pm

That may be, but in fairness to the person I purchased it from the guitar was pristine when it arrived.