New To G & L Board and GL

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Greetings,

I just purchased my first G & L, a Tribute ASAT. While I'm new to this board, I've been on the acoustic guitar forum for a number of years. I'm primarily an acoustic player, but mild carpal tunnel in both wrists, and my fingers going numb from time to time, I decided to try electric. I'm not quite sure what to do with an electric, ha ha. I can strum it of course, and do a bit of fingerstyle, but as far as lead, I'm in kindergarten.

I've been playing guitar for almost 40 years off and on, though mostly on for the last several years. I should be a lot better than I am, but that's my judgement, but I think it's true too. I don't play out a lot, though I do lead worship in a small group 2-4 times a month. I have the opportunity to play as part of a ministry to women in prison. I would like to gain more confidence before I play in front of 100 people.

Gaining confidence is a struggle for me, especially when it comes to vocals. I've been looking at Per Bristow's Sing with Freedom program, and am thinking about making the investment.

Anyway, that's my musical background. I'm sure there's a lot to learn from the wealth of knowledge that the forum members possess.

Cheers!

Image[/URL][/img]

Re: New To G & L Board and GL

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 am

Hi kats45

Welcome to the forum. And nice burst on that Tribby! Feel your trepidations with vocals myself too ...

- Jos

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Welcome kats45!

Thank you for doing the work you do with female inmates. The tribby will serve you well, if you are used to playing acoustic, you'll get the hang of electric in know time. Find the pocket, let the spirit move you, don't sweat the rest!

~JagInTheBag

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:37 am

Welcome Kats! Very nice looking Asat. My daughter has been playing an acoustic in our band and is starting to use an electric more. It is easier on her fingers.-- Darwin

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:50 am

JagInTheBag wrote:Welcome kats45!

Thank you for doing the work you do with female inmates. The tribby will serve you well, if you are used to playing acoustic, you'll get the hang of electric in know time. Find the pocket, let the spirit move you, don't sweat the rest!

~JagInTheBag

Thank you, Jag, for your encouragement.