My First G & L

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:50 pm

So my brother asks me to goto G-Center with him today and help him pick out a marshal head. While trying out the heads I choose a guitar and fell in love with it so I bought it , my first G & L. Also I noticed you can register the guitar here but I am unclear how so if someone could fill me in thanx.

Re: My First G & L

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:40 pm

What a gorgeous Legacy Special. Congrats!

To register the guitar you actually need a separate login using your email as a user name. Yeah I know, that is a little weird but harkens back to happy days past when version 1.0 of this forum was still in use. But you can just reuse the same credentials as you use here if you want to.

When you have yourself a login for the G&L Registry, go there and click the '>> CLICK HERE TO ENTER<<' link which should get you to this page. Then click the 'Submit an instrument' button and you'll be asked to enter your email address, password, and the serial number of your guitar. Hit the button at the bottom and you will see either of 2 things.

1- There is a chance the guitar is registered already and you will be notified of that. In that case it is easier to just search for the serial number using the referenced paged above, click the serial number on the left of the entry to edit it (you'll have to enter your email/passowrd again), and ignore the blurp informing you the original registrar will be emailed. Scroll to the bottom, preview, submit and you're done.

2- If he guitar is not registered, you can use the drop down boxes to enter the specs of your guitar starting with selecting the proper model (Legacy Special). At the end, again preview and submit and your guitar is part of the records.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:42 pm

Here is the info incase you can put it in, still trying to figure out when it was made.

Detail: Model: Legacy Special
Color: Cherryburst
Fretboard: Ebony
Body Wood: Swamp Ash
Bridge: DFS Vibrato System
Year: 1980 to 2013

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:44 pm

The most important piece of data I would need is the S/N.

- Jos

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Awesome Legacy Special...nice score

It looks like a DFV from here (the DFS have saddles with a grey matte surface(steel))

Welcome ,
elwood

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:43 pm

Nice looking guitar. G&L makes some of the nicest 'burst' finishes. I love an ebony board--and a black pickguard really sets it off.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:31 am

Very nice color and price.
The matching headstock and ebony look great.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 am

Heavyelement wrote:Here is the info incase you can put it in, still trying to figure out when it was made.

Detail: Model: Legacy Special
Fretboard: Ebony
Body Wood: Swamp Ash
Bridge: DFS Vibrato System

Hello and welcome to this addiction :D
Beware though, your color is redburst and the trem doesn't look like a DFS to me neither.

Very nice Legacy Special, it is the most versatile of the team IMO. Enjoy.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Heavyelement wrote:Here is the info incase you can put it in, still trying to figure out when it was made.

Wow "1980-2013" safe estimation there!

I agree with Superiv, it is definitely Redburst not Cherryburst...........and "very nice."

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:56 pm

So now who can help me find out when this was made, I am not under standing the numbers on the inside of the body.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 pm

You'll need to remove the neck. There should be a body date and a neck date.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Here are some answers:
'LEG SPC': Legacy Special, model designation
'RD BRST': Redburst, color designation
'EB PH' (??): Cannot unambiguously make out what it says but the 'EB' might be 'Ebony (finger)Board', the 'PH' might mean 'painted headstock' to indicate matching colors on headstock.
'BLK CVRS': Black pickup covers
'KNOBS': Needs to be combined with the 'BLK' in the previous entry; black knobs for volume and PTB controls
'BWB': Black-White-Black triple laminate pick guard
236072: could be order number, could be serial number but without answering the next question nobody can give you a certain answer.

So please, please, please, why are you not giving us the most pertinent and important data which is the serial number which you should find on the back of the headstock?

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Heavyelement wrote:So now who can help me find out when this was made, I am not under standing the numbers on the inside of the body.

Top to bottom:

Legacy Special
Red Burst
Ebony board - Painted headstock
Black covers and knobs
Black White Black pickguard
236073 is the Sales Order number

For build date, see: How do I determine an instrument's age?.

:ugeek:

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Craig wrote:Top to bottom:

Legacy Special
Red Burst
Black covers and knobs

Wasn't that what I just wrote in the previous post?

:think: :think:

- Jos
P.S. I would still like to know what the serial number is.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:04 pm

The number on the back of the head stock is CLF32589. Last thing I want to do is take the neck off unless I really need to . Thanx all

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
Craig wrote:Top to bottom:

Legacy Special
Red Burst
Black covers and knobs

Wasn't that what I just wrote in the previous post?

:think: :think:

- Jos
P.S. I would still like to know what the serial number is.

Sorry about that I thought I posted it before . Sometimes my net connection crashes here and sometimes what I send never goes through.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:13 am

Heavyelement wrote:The number on the back of the head stock is CLF32589. Last thing I want to do is take the neck off unless I really need to . Thanx all

So it's probably built between 2004 and 2006.

Great find! :happy0065:

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Sweet! Cherryburst looks awesome with the black guard and pickups