First G&L

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:38 am

Hi! I've been playing for decades but the G&L thing is new for me. I recently acquired a nice 2007 L1505. Trans red, ebony 'board, mandolin frets. I'm still bonding with it and looking into mods to suit my idiosyncrasies. I'll probably add a thumb rest as neither the pickup nor the edge of the fingerboard are in my sweet spot. The treble boost in active mode is way too much, gotta find a mod for that.

Re: First G&L

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:19 pm

dreamsinger wrote:Hi! I've been playing for decades but the G&L thing is new for me. I recently acquired a nice 2007 L1505. Trans red, ebony 'board, mandolin frets. I'm still bonding with it and looking into mods to suit my idiosyncrasies. I'll probably add a thumb rest as neither the pickup nor the edge of the fingerboard are in my sweet spot. The treble boost in active mode is way too much, gotta find a mod for that.

Nice to see more Washingtonians around here..someday we'll have a sizable G&L pow wow.
Looking forward to pics when you can.
welcome,
elwood

Re: First G&L

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Elwood wrote:
dreamsinger wrote:Hi! I've been playing for decades but the G&L thing is new for me. I recently acquired a nice 2007 L1505. Trans red, ebony 'board, mandolin frets. I'm still bonding with it and looking into mods to suit my idiosyncrasies. I'll probably add a thumb rest as neither the pickup nor the edge of the fingerboard are in my sweet spot. The treble boost in active mode is way too much, gotta find a mod for that.

Nice to see more Washingtonians around here..someday we'll have a sizable G&L pow wow.
Looking forward to pics when you can.
welcome,
elwood

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few pix of it on here already; it's been in and out of BassNW a few times since 2007.