Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:31 pm

I am a longtime player who has long admired G&L, well before I could afford one. I own my brother's former Legacy, which has a 3-bolt maple ASAT Classic neck, which I bought for $650.00 less than a year ago. Currently, the guitar isn't working at all; I cannot find what is wrong with it.

Re: New Member

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:54 pm

welcome to the forum !! ..... first off , there is way smarter than me on here , but my guess if nothing at all works , I would start with removing the output jack and see if a wire came unsoldered or broke from a terminal

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:59 am

Fumble fingers wrote:welcome to the forum !! ..... first off , there is way smarter than me on here , but my guess if nothing at all works , I would start with removing the output jack and see if a wire came unsoldered or broke from a terminal

+1

Next would be removing the guard if you don't find the culprit in the jack assembly.
There were a few G&L's that the cord tip hits the end (on the inside) of the cavity, if the solder connections look good, try plugging it in with the jack assembly out ( and a soft towel underneath ) to see if that's an issue here.

Pics are good ...G&L's need to be played, hopefully we can figure it out easily.

( I'm assuming you've tried it with a cable that you know is good , just gotta ask the obvious sometimes )
elwood

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Have you considered kicking your brother's butt? I've never heard of a G&L that doesn't work.

I'm curious, what happened to the Legacy neck?

Welcome, btw! - ed