Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:58 am

Hi everyone,
8-)
Like almost everyone else in the world, the name Leo Fender is synonymous with Fender labelled Guitars and I have to a certain extent followed that route too.

I have been reading "The Fender Telecaster" by Dave Hunter which has given me loads more info.

I have a moderate collection of Fender Guitars (Telecasters mostly) and now feel that this must include at least one G&L (ASAT).

So here I am, ready to learn and looking forward to getting my hands on one - I hasten to add that I buy them for the tone and to play - the collection comes 2nd.

Re: New Member

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Vintagebrit, Welcome to this forum. I also had a decent group of American Fenders (20 or so) and let me warn you, I have been selling them and now have about 16 G&Ls. Leo absolutely did his best work on the G&L's. Keep watching this forum, you will see some G&L's that will be difficult to ignore and you could be hooked in no time flat. It worked for me and I didn't find this forum until after I traded a Tele for my first G&L Legacy. ASATs are my favorites.-- Darwin

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:41 pm

Welcome Vintagebrit....read as much as you can... try out as many as you can. I like older stuff and there is many good deals out there if you keep diligent. The nice thing is that 3 bolt ASATS are still quite resonable. I think these guitars are soon to become much higher in value. Many have very beautiful necks in Bird's Eye Maple. Happy hunting!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:59 pm

1 G & L ?? ...... lol , we all said that , good luck having one

welcome to the madness

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Vintagebrit wrote:Hi everyone,
8-)
Like almost everyone else in the world, the name Leo Fender is synonymous with Fender labelled Guitars and I have to a certain extent followed that route too.

I have been reading "The Fender Telecaster" by Dave Hunter which has given me loads more info.

I have a moderate collection of Fender Guitars (Telecasters mostly) and now feel that this must include at least one G&L (ASAT).

So here I am, ready to learn and looking forward to getting my hands on one - I hasten to add that I buy them for the tone and to play - the collection comes 2nd.

Welcome! :wave:

Please do check out this post as it will help you navigate our website and help when posting photos and
videos here, too: Welcome! Read This First.

There are more models of the ASAT then any other G&L model. Which ASAT models are you considering?
Where are you located and do you have a local G&L dealer near you?

:ugeek:

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:27 am

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I am in Shropshire, England and there are limited dealers.

I have, in the last half hour bought over the phone an ASAT Tribute Special in Blueburst for [price deleted*] from Musician Centre in Yorkshire. Had a good chat with them to check them out before buying. Their website is also very welcoming and friendly, so I think it's 100% genuine.

It's new, they'd put it on ebay as clearance (on own website [price deleted*]). No one bid for it, so I've snapped it up at what I think is a bargain price (including delivery).

Looked elsewhere before buying and can't see them anywhere in the UK for less than £500.

Excited to be getting one of Leo's later projects to add to my Tele's. Will post some photos when it arrives.

[* actual prices for new G&L instruments are not allowed to be posted-see guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines-Admin]

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:1 G & L ?? ...... lol , we all said that , good luck having one

welcome to the madness

+1 :rolleyes: