Proud Owner

Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi folks I am now the proud owner of a G&L L2000 USA model. I picked it up at my local music shop, I near died when I saw it hanging there, It is used but only has a couple of small dings actually really clean. The only problem I have is how old the bass is, they had no idea at the store. The serial # is clf26833. So if anybody knows the year it was made that would be awesome. Thanks in advance Glenn.

Re: Proud Owner

Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:08 pm

welder663 wrote:Hi folks I am now the proud owner of a G&L L2000 USA model. I picked it up at my local music shop, I near died when I saw it hanging there, It is used but only has a couple of small dings actually really clean. The only problem I have is how old the bass is, they had no idea at the store. The serial # is clf26833. So if anybody knows the year it was made that would be awesome. Thanks in advance Glenn.

The best way to tell is to check the neck pocket for dates (on both the body and neck).
A quick guess would be 2002-4 .
Here's a sampling from the registry with serials around yours:
http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/AUTOREG/int ... nter_fmt=1
Got any pics?

congrats !
elwood

Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks Tim,
...hadn't seen that before. Lovely... I know there has to more footage somewhere :eh: ?
I've tried piano strings , didn't really do it (not enough Fe I imagine ).

elwood

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks a lot for the information but I don't really feel comfortable removing the neck. Somewhere between 2002 and 2004 is good enough for now. I also have USA fender precision deluxe 4 string that I purchased new, I love that bass but theL2000 feels and plays awesome. I can see using it a lot. Again thanks for the input.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:21 pm

welder663 wrote:Hi folks I am now the proud owner of a G&L L2000 USA model. I picked it up at my local music shop, I near died when I saw it hanging there, It is used but only has a couple of small dings actually really clean. The only problem I have is how old the bass is, they had no idea at the store. The serial # is clf26833. So if anybody knows the year it was made that would be awesome. Thanks in advance Glenn.

Welcome, Glenn! :wave:

You might also check out this post in our Announcements section: Welcome! Read This First.
It will help you navigate our G&LDP (aka G&L Forum) and the guitarsbyleo.com (aka GbL).

See How do I determine an instrument's age? and Serial number significance.

Also, please do post a photo of your L-2000. :searching:

:ugeek: