A G&L fan from Manchester, England

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:09 am

Hi Everybody.

I'm Steve - A G&L fan from Manchester, England. I'm a newbie round here, so please bear with me if I've posted in the wrong subforum.

I have a gorgeous USA L2000 Blueburst with natural binding which I play in a pub-rock band and also a funk/blues crew. I'm looking for an SB-1 to replace either or both of my Fender MIJ Fotoflame P and/or my 1981 Ibanez Blazer. Please PM me if you have a USA SB-1 for sale.

Thank you!

Steve

Re: Wanted: SB-1

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:23 am

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum!

There is a separate Marketplace section where you can place your wanted ad in the 'Private Party Basses'. Be aware you'll need a separate login which you can create on the User Profile page. When your user name is still available you can just use the same credentials. BTW, this additional login is also valid for when you want to add your instruments to the Registry.

The SB-1 has come in different versions. When introduced in the early-80s it looked like this with a completely different pickup. By the mid-80s, it had evolved to this; still the old style headstock but the now familiar pickup as used on the modern version. But you might want to indicate what version you are looking for.

There is a completely separate Basses by Leo forum for bass fanatics although there is quite a bit of crossover with this site. But check it out; I think your chances of finding one might be larger over there.

Hope this helps and good look with your search!

- Jos

Re: Wanted: SB-1

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:53 am

Welcome, Steve! An SB-1 in either style should fit your needs. Please enter your L-2000 in the G&L Registry if it isn't already.

In addition to Basses by Leo, you should also check out the classifieds at TalkBass. At least two SB-1s are for sale there now for a reasonable price, and another one just sold (NBD soon! :D ).

Ken

Re: A G&L fan from Manchester, England

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:49 pm

solo4652 wrote:Hi Everybody.

I'm Steve - A G&L fan from Manchester, England. I'm a newbie round here, so please bear with me if I've posted in the wrong subforum.

I have a gorgeous USA L2000 Blueburst with natural binding which I play in a pub-rock band and also a funk/blues crew. I'm looking for an SB-1 to replace either or both of my Fender MIJ Fotoflame P and/or my 1981 Ibanez Blazer. Please PM me if you have a USA SB-1 for sale.

Thank you!

Steve

We don't allow For Sale and Want Ads posted on the G&LDP and G&L Knowledgebase.
As Jos mentioned we have a Marketplace for ad posting. Please review this post: Welcome! Read This First,
as it provides information about our website to help you get the most from it.

As you probably noticed, I moved your post and changed the Subject text.

Welcome, :wave:

:ugeek:

Re: A G&L fan from Manchester, England

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:20 am

Steve,

As 'luck' will have it, this US eBay listing for an late-80s SB-1 appeared yesterday.

- Jos