New owner here

Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Just received my first G&L: a brand-new USA S-500, Greenburst finish on swamp ash body, matching headstock, ebony fretboard, quartersawn maple neck, clear wood binding, locking Schaller tuners, push-pull expansion pot. It's a beaut! I have a few nice guitars, but wanted one that would be mine alone, but had an upper price limit that precluded going to certain major manufactuer's custom shops. Just my luck: G&L had the ideal axe, and enough customization that I could make this a unique beat all my own. My principal guitar (until now) has been a 1990 Fender Strat Ultra, with a secondary wiring setup activated through a push-pull pot on the tone knob. It's that little bit of flexibility, being able to dial in Tele-style tones with either the bridge and neck pickups activated together, or all three, that made it special. This new axe fills that role, plus the added goodness of it being a killer looker as well. This is already my new no. 1 guitar.
[url][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/33711483@N02/9288681982/]Image[/url]
Greenmachine by chriswi3nters, on Flickr[/url]

Re: New owner here

Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:02 pm

that is a beauty !! ...... I'm a black PG and PUP guy myself , love binding and the burst , it shows the green really good on your guitar

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Howdy Attila,
Good to see another Seattlelite on the board.

killer looking s-500, do you ever play out locally?

elwood

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:09 am

Good call on the matching headstock!

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:39 am

At last I can see a good picture of green burst, your guitar looks awesome, how does it sound ?

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks all for the nice notes. Supereiv: It sounds awesome. More specifically, the MFDs generate a bit more output than the Lace Sensors on my Strat. There's plenty of bite (ebony fingerboard also helps, imo), but there's also a bit more low end for the neck and mid picktups. I've found that rolling off the treble a little on those pickups puts through a nice warm tone even when it's overdriven (modded TS9, in my case). The bridge pickup has plenty of spank. The bridge-mid combo position sounds fuller than the Strat in that position, and makes an interesting tone for leads. I don't mind the hum (single coils, natch) so much, since I don't stop playing much...
Elwood: not much in the past year, but I've been taking a break. Hope to be out and about later this summer/fall.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:48 pm

hogy vagy? hogy tetszik seattle? szep a guitar, a fekete pg jol nez ki rajta.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Seattle marha jo, Lajos. Kösz, hogy tetszik a gitarom. :)

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Gotta love that greenburst.

Very nice.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Attila D Hungry wrote:Seattle marha jo, Lajos. Kösz, hogy tetszik a gitarom. :)

nem lajos, barna. a louis cyfer az csak a lucifer valtozata.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Engem se hívnak Attilának. Csak Chris. (és nem vagyok magyar se...)

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:25 pm

Attila D Hungry wrote:Engem se hívnak Attilának. Csak Chris. (és nem vagyok magyar se...)

de magyarul beszelsz.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:00 pm

louis cyfer wrote:
Attila D Hungry wrote:Engem se hívnak Attilának. Csak Chris. (és nem vagyok magyar se...)

de magyarul beszelsz.

még a magyar feleségem is...

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:27 pm

nice green!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Attila D Hungry wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:

de magyarul beszelsz.

még a magyar feleségem is...

good luck with that. they are a handful. (magyar lanyok)