NGD! Classic ASAT Bluesboy semi hollow

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 am

Hello. New member here. Just traded for this 2012? ASAT Classic Bluesboy semi hollow (whew!). I want to add it to the registry but need to confirm the date and color. S/N CLF063380. Also, the neck plate has no logo, etc. It's just plain. Most or all of the pics I've seen have something on the neck-plate. I'll start a post in the main forum as well, for better traffic if necessary.

Edit: BTW, this guitar feels, plays and sounds great. I'm loving it!

Any comments on the color and lack of anything on the neck-plate?

A few pics:

Re: NGD! Classic ASAT Bluesboy semi hollow

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:31 am

3chorder wrote:Hello. New member here. Just traded for this 2012? ASAT Classic Bluesboy semi hollow (whew!). I want to add it to the registry but need to confirm the date and color. S/N CLF063380. Also, the neck plate has no logo, etc. It's just plain. Most or all of the pics I've seen have something on the neck-plate. I'll start a post in the main forum as well, for better traffic if necessary.

Edit: BTW, this guitar feels, plays and sounds great. I'm loving it!

Any comments on the color and lack of anything on the neck-plate?

Welcome! :wave:

The body finish is Two-Tone Sunburst. You should have a Custom Build Specification Certificate along with the COA in the case, unless the
previous owner failed to give you all of the paperwork. Here's an example of the CBSC:

The neck plate does not look stock. The stock one would be chrome with the G&L logo etched or stamped in the center of the plate.

When you register this guitar, don't bother with the neck and body dates, just put the Completion date in the Other Features field (assuming you find the CBSC).

Great looking guitar! :thumbup:

:ugeek:

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks for the info, Craig. Yes, unfortunately there was not a COA included. I just checked the case to confirm.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 pm

3chorder wrote:Thanks for the info, Craig. Yes, unfortunately there was not a COA included. I just checked the case to confirm.

You might be able to get replacements for both the COA and the Custom Build Specifications Certificate. Contact Chris Robosan at G&L.
See his contact information on the G&L Support Page.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:32 am

Thanks again, Craig. I contacted the guy I got the guitar from and he contacted the guy he got it from. He still had the coa and is forwarding it to me :) I still don't know what to make of the neck-plate, but I guess I can pick one of those up on eBay, or somewhere.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:26 am

you could probably still get a neck plate from G & L ....... your plate looks like a tribute plate , not sure how it ended up on your guitar

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:29 am

Nice looking Bluesboy! 8-) Congrats & welcome. :)