Re: Passing the Torch @ Buffalo Bros.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Hey Tim,

As a greatful customer, a toast to a well deserved retirement :cheers:

Maybe now you'll find some time to realize some other ideas you have on what a G&L can be. And if not, I'm pretty sure you won't get bored.

- Jos

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:14 am

Tim - It's the end of an era. I have always considered Buffalo Bros to be one of the coolest stores of all time. It was a real treat doing clinics there because you guys were so enthusiastic & organized.

For a period of time BB was the largest G&L dealer in the world, no small feat!

Some would say it was an institution, others would say some of you guys should have been institutionalized (ha!). But you guys have helped so many people buy & trade up to the guitars of their dreams.

I wish you and Bob all the best in all your new ventures. And I'm sure it's in good hands with James at the helm.

Cheers.
Will

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:55 am

Tim, I don't personally know you and have never been at your store but have heard nothing but good things about BB. I have thoroughly enjoyed your web site for several years and especially enjoyed the great photos of your products. Obviously I live many states away, but if I had ever been in the area, it would have been a must visit. I wish you the greatest and if you are retiring, it is the best job in the world. The best to James for the future.-- Darwin

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Tim, you and your brother are giants in the guitar business as far as I'm concerned. Your decades-long association with G&L and Mr. George Fullerton has been a fascinating story. Since your handle is "Tim GuitarsOnTheWeb," does that imply you are still involved in the guitar retail business? No matter what you do, good luck.

Kit

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:20 pm

i was planning on visiting the store sometime this summer, and i was hoping to meet you tim. unfortunately you guys aren't exactly local to me, but i figured ill visit san clemente and maybe la jolla as well.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Rock on Tim and brother Bob! I bought several FINE guitars (not all G&Ls) from the BBros thanks to their great inventory over the years!

Enjoy the well deserved "time off". May it be long and full of sweet music. And I checked out the Portuguese Azores--AWESOME! Go Bob!

Sláinte!

--GDub

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Tim,

Congratulations on your retirement. I've never had the opportunity to visit or buy from BB, but hope to one day.

Ken

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:48 pm

congrats on retirement .... I'm late to the G&L show and have yet to be in a guitar store that has had more than two G&L's .... would love to visit your store someday for sure ..... I love reading your post's , hope you keep it up

Eric

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Well done, sir. I'll keep pushing for the Z2... In lefty.

Cheers,

Will

Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:44 am

I've never actually been inside the store, but as Bob and Tim made a regular practice of bringing inventory up to the Los Angeles area for vintage shows, I count myself a three times lucky Buffalo Bros. customer!

Thanks for all the music, and best of luck to you both!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 pm

There comes a time for change and remembering the impact, the goodness and the joy you folks have bought to countless many.