Olá from Portugal!

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:12 pm

Portugal, right! I´m sure everyone knows by the time where Portugal is @...
It´s that little place sitting next to Spain, with a lot of austerity :alright:
My name is Luis, and i live in that place.
I have learned some chords, and quit playing 1996.
Just got a fresh G&L Tribute Asat Classic Bluesboy, and i´m hopping to learn how to play guitar.
:greet:

Re: Olá from Portugal!

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Well, you got the right tool to start with! Welcome, post a pic of you Bluesboy when you can!

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:03 pm

JagInTheBag wrote:Well, you got the right tool to start with! Welcome, post a pic of you Bluesboy when you can!

+1

Also, see: Welcome! Read This First. It includes instructions for posting photos.

:ugeek:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 am

Welcome Lu7s, I know where Portugal is, I live in France! ;)

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:26 am

I've been in Portugal for about three weeks with a VW Bus I owned that time and drove from north to south and back. But don't ask me for details, that happened back in the 80s. :D

Good luck with your Bluesboy, consider to find a good teacher.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:02 am

Nice to have you here Lu7s!
I know where Portugal is - I'm English. It's where many of my clients go to play golf when it's snowing here, which it is, again!

Enjoy your bluesboy, and being part of the G&L players/forum 'family'.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Welcome Luis.

I visited Portugal about 10 years ago when you still had escudos and less debt. I loved the north of the country - Porto, Viana and the Douro valley. Too many drunk English tourists in the south :o

I still miss Sagres beer and sardinhas to this day.

Please post up some pictures of your Bluesboy. We love pictures around here :thumbup:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Welcome and I picked up a used tribute a week ago for a bandmate. They are very nice and I think you made a great choice with a Bluesboy.-- Darwin

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Thank you all!

Glad to see that some of you know Portugal... Philby, i live at Porto, surprise you wrote sardinhas and Sagres beer =) next time try Super Bock beer and Bacalhau (Cod).
Will post some pics when i have it in my hands again, at the moment she´s getting fret dressing and setup.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Lu7s wrote:Thank you all!

Glad to see that some of you know Portugal... Philby, i live at Porto, surprise you wrote sardinhas and Sagres beer =) next time try Super Bock beer and Bacalhau (Cod).
Will post some pics when i have it in my hands again, at the moment she´s getting fret dressing and setup.

Hi Luis. Super Bock is good stuff but you can have bacalhau to yourself! I tried one mouthful and spat it back out. Too salty. :think:

Porto is a great town. I could easily live there.