Hello from Canada

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:51 pm

I am happy to join a group such as this. People that realize a wonderfully made instrument. With any monogram on the headstock these would be great. 3 cheers for the workmen that worked hard for our pleasure. I am from the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada. It is on a 90 mile lake and nestled in beautiful mountains. You can golf, snowboard, fish all the same day. It is a tourist mecca. Thanks for having me as a member.

Re: Hello from Canada

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:41 pm

green swirl wrote:I am happy to join a group such as this. People that realize a wonderfully made instrument. With any monogram on the headstock these would be great. 3 cheers for the workmen that worked hard for our pleasure. I am from the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada. It is on a 90 mile lake and nestled in beautiful mountains. You can golf, snowboard, fish all the same day. It is a tourist mecca. Thanks for having me as a member.

Welcome! :wave:

Sounds like a wonderful place to live. :thumbup:

I saw your post in the G&L Knowledgebase about our new to you ASAT. Hopefully someone will be able to help you
with a solution to fill in those chips.

We'd love to see a photo of your ASAT. See this post for info on posting photos: Welcome! Read This First .

:ugeek:

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 am

Welcome green swirl,
I just went to google maps to look at Okanagan lake...WoW ! that's a big long and beautiful lake !

I think I might end up being one of those tourists someday soon. I have yet to visit Canada,
(which is bizarre since I'm a native NWest'er ) . Okanagan valley sounds like a fine place to start :thumbup:

It'd be great to see some pictures of your G&L when you can.

good to have you aboard,
elwood

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 am

Welcome from a fellow Canuck!

Glad to have you on board. Like Elwood said, we all love checking out pics!

Enjoy
Scott

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks for the kind welcome. The ASAT is at the doctors getting a full medical checkup. A friend is a highend guitar builder and owned a guitar music shop for years. He can do a beautiful setup. When it is back (day or 2) I will definitely put some pics up on your site. Strange how the BIM neck is 1996 and the body is green swirl from 1998. Im not bitching as the 2 together are too cool. Thanks again.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Welcome aboard Swirl. I'm in Kelowna and have an ASAT Special on order. Is this ASAT of your the bowling ball finish one that was advertised on Castanet?

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi Liquid Smoke....yes it was on Castanet.net. First for $1000, then dropped to $800 with OHSC. I offered him $600 but settled at $650. I was very happy to get it as there is no fretwear and no scratches. The 2 chips at the bottom I am addressing soon. It is at my friends(guitar maker) getting a complete tuneup and assesment and then I'll do the chips when I get it back. The swirl really got me as most of my guitars are wood tones. This baby jumps out!!!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Welcome Mr. Green Swirl. Glad you found this place!

Sounds like you got a good deal on a great guitar. Looking forward to seeing it when she gets back. - ed

btw, sounds like you live in a beautiful place. Do you fish?

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks Mr. zapcosongs. You are right ....this is a gorgeous place to live. I used to fish and hunt a lot more when I was younger but plan to start again when I retire in 1.5 years. I golf when I can and learn the guitar. I loved the workmanship in guns when I was young. Quality is everything. Now i love the workmanship in guitars. They please me to play and to look at. They are art.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:33 pm

More Canadians?
What's this site coming too :whome:

But really man, welcome. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the various topics discussed here and seeing some pics of your ASAT :)

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks Ahryn....Canucks are avid breeders intent on taking over the planet. Must be the long cold winters LOL. I already feel very welcomed here by all and to know there is Canadians on board makes it even more special. The area I live in is disjointed part of the Sonoran desert. It is semi arid so only 10-14" of rain a year. Very hot in the summer and reasonably decent in winter. Abounding in fruit ...and big wine country too.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Welcome Green Swirl,

Might I suggest an avatar?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks JagInTheBag: Wow more Guitar Acquirement Syndrome (GAS). That's just about the same as my ASAT. What a cool finish. I'm so happy to have one with swirl... I'd have bought it as a wall hanger. Do you have pics of yours on the site?

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:42 pm

green swirl wrote:Thanks JagInTheBag: Wow more Guitar Acquirement Syndrome (GAS). That's just about the same as my ASAT. What a cool finish. I'm so happy to have one with swirl... I'd have bought it as a wall hanger. Do you have pics of yours on the site?

This is one that was on ebay I tried to acquire but did not get. It is a really neat discontinued finish and one i will keep my eye out for, that much is certain.

Post pics of your ASAT ASAP! :searching:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:53 pm

How much did that go for on Fleabay ....do you remeber. I saw this one a month before i bought it and called the guy just for the heck of it to see if it was gone yet. He still had it and dropped the price again. I looked and it is still listed. The original price was $1200----1000----800----$650 yaaahoo! I'm lovin it.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:55 pm

green swirl wrote:How much did that go for on Fleabay ....do you remeber. I saw this one a month before i bought it and called the guy just for the heck of it to see if it was gone yet. He still had it and dropped the price again. I looked and it is still listed. The original price was $1200----1000----800----$650 yaaahoo! I'm lovin it.

I have found two on Da'bay this one went for $899, another for $711.