Tribute Legacy HB Green

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:41 am

Hello from Canada...my name is Dan Im a big G&L supporter....I have owned a USA S-500 in the past loved it.....I just sold a Tribute Cantrell Rampage so I could purchase a Tribute Legacy HB its the Olive Drab cant wait should be here any day I think it will be like 2 G&L's in 1 with the dual blades and the humbucker bridge....I was wondering how long this particular Legacy HB model was available with the blades in it and whats the story behind the olive drab paint.....Ive got Irish blood so I guess its an appropriate color....is there any other owners of this model if so how do you like it...thanks

Re: Tribute Legacy HB Green

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:15 am

drk64 wrote:Hello from Canada...my name is Dan Im a big G&L supporter....I have owned a USA S-500 in the past loved it.....I just sold a Tribute Cantrell Rampage so I could purchase a Tribute Legacy HB its the Olive Drab cant wait should be here any day I think it will be like 2 G&L's in 1 with the dual blades and the humbucker bridge....I was wondering how long this particular Legacy HB model was available with the blades in it and whats the story behind the olive drab paint.....Ive got Irish blood so I guess its an appropriate color....is there any other owners of this model if so how do you like it...thanks

Welcome, Dan! :wave:

This model came out in 2010 and was discontinued about a year or so later. See this post in the G&L Knowledgebase for some details. Here's a link to the discontinued spec page on G&L 's main website: http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/Tr ... /index.asp. The pickups were built at the source factory to G&L specifications.
The neck should feel familiar to the Tribute Cantrell you had, since it is the same radius neck and built by the same factory.

Please post a photo and if you haven't already, please add it to our G&L Registry. See the Welcome! Read This First for details on posting photos.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks great info I was wondering why was it discontinued and does it make it a rare item in the future......so is this basically a rampage with 2 blade pickups in it to add to the fun

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:05 pm

drk64 wrote:Thanks great info I was wondering why was it discontinued and does it make it a rare item in the future......so is this basically a rampage with 2 blade pickups in it to add to the fun

I don't think it was a big seller and they changed back to the traditional Legacy HB spec sometime in 2011.
It may be rare but not from a price standpoint being that it is a Tribute model. The Tribute Rampage (Jerry Cantrell Signature)
has a different body style, body wood and bridge than your 2011 Tribute Legacy HB, see Tribute Rampage spec page here.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 pm

I had a Cantrell I know the shape and wood was different but Im hoping I can pull similar tones than the Rampage plus the trad strat tones...I just gotta wait a couple days to find out thats all

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:23 pm

I like that I will have a limited run guitar not price wise just that theres not many out there

Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:51 pm

I have been playing my drab green machine my Tribute Legacy HB for about a month through my Vox AD50 I got it setup with 11 to 49s and its a blast with dual blades in the bridge mid and a hb in the bridge Im extremely happy with the playability and tone for $300......Im lucky I discovered G&Ls a couple years ago Ive had an S500 a Cantrell tribute and theres no comparing it to anything in this price range anyone looking to check em out you wont be disappointed you'll be rewarded