New Guitarist and new G&L Owner

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:32 am

Hello everyone. So, some guys when they reach 50 buy a sports car or something like that. I have decided to learn the guitar. I started a couple of months ago and just bought my first guitar, a G&L Tribute Legacy. Learning has been difficult however I'm having the best time ever!! I can't wait until I'm proficient enough to start jamming with some of my friends. My profile picture shows my new axe. I'm looking forward to joining this cool community.

Re: New Guitarist and new G&L Owner

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:42 am

congrats, I did the same thing, at 50, walked into a music store, bought a cheap acoustic and have been taking lessons for about 5 years now. It felt better for me with a lefty guitar, so that's how I play.

6 months later and with a better acoustic, I ordered my first G&L, a blues boy.

Now have 7 guitars, so be careful, ha.

Good luck, you picked a great guitar to start with!

Welcome to the club!

Alf

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome Alf!

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:29 pm

I sold my first brand new guitar to get into college and shortly there after played a '92 Legacy- vowing to own one someday. My first G&L didn't come until 15 years later, when I decided to get back to playing, that was a WR Z-3 Tribute model. Since then, i have added a total of 4 G&L's to my stable. They are like potato chips, you can't have just one! Welcome Dave.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks for the welcome Jag. I can easily see me owning an ASAT as well as my Legacy.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Welcome to the forum Dave. Hope you'll enjoy your time spent here.

And I wish you a lot of fun trying to learn the guitar, although I have full confidence it that. You're never too old to learn new 'tricks'. We're humans after all, not dogs ... ;)

- Jos

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:49 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:Welcome to the forum Dave. Hope you'll enjoy your time spent here.

And I wish you a lot of fun trying to learn the guitar, although I have full confidence it that. You're never too old to learn new 'tricks'. We're humans after all, not dogs ... ;)

- Jos

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement, Jos. That is an amazing collection of G&L's that you have.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:52 am

Alnico Dave wrote:Hello everyone. So, some guys when they reach 50 buy a sports car or something like that. I have decided to learn the guitar. I started a couple of months ago and just bought my first guitar, a G&L Tribute Legacy. Learning has been difficult however I'm having the best time ever!! I can't wait until I'm proficient enough to start jamming with some of my friends. My profile picture shows my new axe. I'm looking forward to joining this cool community.

Welcome, Dave! :wave:

Having a quality instrument as your first guitar will help in the learning process. I sure wish I had one when I started
many years ago. :lol:

Please do add your guitar to our G&L Registry.

:sign0011:

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Welcome!

Craig wrote:Having a quality instrument as your first guitar will help in the learning process. I sure wish I had one when I started

+1
If your guitar's easy to love, it's easy to play :D
Much better choice than a sports car, Harley, etc., good stuff!

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:57 pm

hi Dave ,
im a newbie as well, welcome to a quality site :D
"there aint no sun shine when she`s gone, then you own a G&L "
Beautifull !!

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:56 am

Welcome, Dave! :wave:

Having a quality instrument as your first guitar will help in the learning process. I sure wish I had one when I started

Please do add your guitar to our G&L Registry.

:sign0011:[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome Craig and I'll get it into the registry.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:57 am

patricks wrote:Welcome!

Craig wrote:Having a quality instrument as your first guitar will help in the learning process. I sure wish I had one when I started

+1
If your guitar's easy to love, it's easy to play :D
Much better choice than a sports car, Harley, etc., good stuff!

Thanks Patrick!

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:57 am

dorset steve wrote:hi Dave ,
im a newbie as well, welcome to a quality site :D
"there aint no sun shine when she`s gone, then you own a G&L "
Beautifull !!

Thanks Steve.