Newish G&L Owner

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Bought a Legacy Tribute a couple of months ago for a side project and liked it enough to try a USA Legacy Special. Really digging the guitars and can't believe how nice the imports are. The USA is a bit more refined but the Tribute is no slouch and I wouldn't have any problem buying another one. I'm a weekend warrior in two bands one of which plays tuned down a half step. Thats why I got the Tribute.

Here are some not so clear pics. Notice the headstock on the Tribute. Previous owner didn't like the G&L headstock so he had a friend carve it up. For the money I paid I don't mind and they did a good job.

Re: Newish G&L Owner

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:38 pm

The headstock looks fine. Hope you saved $$$ big time. Nice looking guitars you have there. Enjoy them.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:03 pm

You have to love them! What is the amp?-- Darwin

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:17 am

I feel the price was well worth it. Is there a policy here about not posting price paid for used G&L products? I think I saw where we can't post prices on new ones.

The amp in the rack is a Digitech GSP1101 MFX/Preamp>Rocktron Velocity 300. That is my backup rig. Cabinet is a custom order from Stage Craft Gear, a side business of Reason Amps a boutique builder. The cabinets are great and cheaper than buying Mesa, Marshall etc name brand types. Loaded with EVM12Ls. Yes, it is heavy. My main rig is a Mesa DC-5 head which I use with either this 2x12 or a 1x12 version of the same cabinet depending on the size of the stage and room.

Is there a way to be notified automatically by default when someone replies to a post of mine? I thought I selected the option when I originally posted but wasn't notified.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 pm

MJ Slaughter wrote:I feel the price was well worth it. Is there a policy here about not posting price paid for used G&L products? I think I saw where we can't post prices on new ones.

The amp in the rack is a Digitech GSP1101 MFX/Preamp>Rocktron Velocity 300. That is my backup rig. Cabinet is a custom order from Stage Craft Gear, a side business of Reason Amps a boutique builder. The cabinets are great and cheaper than buying Mesa, Marshall etc name brand types. Loaded with EVM12Ls. Yes, it is heavy. My main rig is a Mesa DC-5 head which I use with either this 2x12 or a 1x12 version of the same cabinet depending on the size of the stage and room.

Is there a way to be notified automatically by default when someone replies to a post of mine? I thought I selected the option when I originally posted but wasn't notified.

Yes, posting used prices is fine, see READ ME FIRST: guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines.

Make sure that the selection for Notify me when a reply is posted is checked before you submit your post.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Looks like you have two great "gets", LOVE the black and cream Special. Welcome to the G&L family MJ!

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:56 am

JagInTheBag wrote:Looks like you have two great "gets", LOVE the black and cream Special. Welcome to the G&L family MJ!

Thanks. I don't usually buy black guitars anymore because they show all smudges but I couldn't resist this color scheme.