Hello all

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 pm

So I was lovin' my Fender Tele and not feeling it with my Les Paul Studio...I guess I like the twang more.

So I was thinking about a Strat...I thought well I'll go to my local music store and rent one for a month. I loved it. I thought I should try to sell a few of my least loved units. I made a deal with a fellow musician to trade one of my herd for a mid 90's Legacy...I shipped to him today and he shipped to me, so I now await the arrival.

It is black with a white pickguard and a maple neck, 3 bolt neck plate. I will drop back at the end of the week when it arrives....can't wait. :happy0065:

Re: Hello all

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Congrats! And can't wait either.

- Jos

PS BTW, did you rent a Fender Strat or was that a Legacy already?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Congratulations, and welcome to the board. I look forward to reading about the Legacy (and maybe seeing some pics too).

Ken

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 pm

TELEZEE wrote:

It is black with a white pickguard and a maple neck, 3 bolt neck plate. I will drop back at the end of the week when it arrives....can't wait. :happy0065:

Sounds like a winner to me ...I love the look of black with a good maple neck, and the three bolt just makes it
more desirable for folks like me who covet the 80's early 90's G&L's . I think it's the (well thought out George F. designed ) curves the three bolt plates add to the look and feel that make the early G&L's stand out (for me).

Congrats, looking forward to your pics once you get back .

Elwood

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 pm

To answer some questions...I rented a Strat, because I was at a Colin James concert and was again blown away by the sound of Strats. I had rented one a few years ago and liked it then and passed it by.

I had a guitar I wanted to sell or trade and found a trade on the Guitars Canada Forum for the Legacy...I did a little research and found nothing bad, including one demo where the guy said this maybe more a Fender than...a Fender.

i liked the idea that it is an older model as well

(now if I can sell my LP Studio...I can by another amp) The tracker shows its on the move somewhere in middle Canada and expected here on Dec 4, in time for my next gig. :thumbup:

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:43 am

Glenn10 wrote:Hello Everybody, I am a new here. I want to participate in various discussion. Really I am very glad to join in this forum. I am Glenn and live in USA.

Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the family. Hope you will enjoy the discussions and exchange of info on this board.

- Jos

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:44 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:
Glenn10 wrote:Hello Everybody, I am a new here. I want to participate in various discussion. Really I am very glad to join in this forum. I am Glenn and live in USA.

Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the family. Hope you will enjoy the discussions and exchange of info on this board.

- Jos

Unfortunately, this guy is actually a spammer and NOT located in the USA. Hope you did not click on the link in his signature line. :shifty:
He is now gone from here, along with his other posts. :evilgrin:

:ugeek:

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Craig,

This was the first post I saw of 'him', but as you might have concluded from my spam report, after reading the 3rd contribution in some other post It was clear to me something was fishy (or should I write phishy in this context). And no, I didn't click anything ;)

- Jos