Another newbie G&L owner

Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Hey folks,

I am new to this post and had a question... I just aquired a G&L Guitar Custom ASAT Deluxe, Lake placid blue,duncan pickups with the tap switch, extremely nice guitar. My question is this thing plays like a pre CBS fender (Sort Of) do these guys hold up? as in I have read everything G&L on the website, I love this thing so far am not sure where it was manufactured. I thought USA, or not, I have a korean git fiddle from Jackson that holds a flame to anything US but was curious, as in wanted more input from the know crowd. Maybe I should stop being lazy, practice my scales and read the forum notes?

Thanks

Scott

Re: newbie G&L owner

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Just post some decent pictures and you'll likely get the scoop. - ed

Re: Another newbie G&L owner

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm

ssmith971 wrote:Hey folks,

I am new to this post and had a question... I just aquired a G&L Guitar Custom ASAT Deluxe, Lake placid blue,duncan pickups with the tap switch, extremely nice guitar. My question is this thing plays like a pre CBS fender (Sort Of) do these guys hold up? as in I have read everything G&L on the website, I love this thing so far am not sure where it was manufactured. I thought USA, or not, I have a korean git fiddle from Jackson that holds a flame to anything US but was curious, as in wanted more input from the know crowd. Maybe I should stop being lazy, practice my scales and read the forum notes?

Thanks

Scott

So as to not hijack the original post, I have created a separate thread for you.

Okay, now to your question...

Start with the Welcome! Read This First post.
The serial number will indicate the where it was manufactured, see Serial number significance in the G&L Knowledgebase.

We definitely need a photo, too. ;)

Welcome! :wave:

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: