Greetings from NashVegas!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:01 am

Hi Everyone, just purchased an ASAT Z-3 semi-hollow with F hole. I wasn't even looking for this type of guitar, but while browsing a local music store's website it just jumped out at me. This thing is amazing- can't believe how many different tones I can get out of it. I appears to be a 2003- I took the neck off because the strings were way too high and couldn't be lowered without buzzing. I found someone had shimmed it with two pieces of paper for some reason. Anyway, the body cavity says May 2003, the neck has a bunch of graffiti on it so I can't say for sure- but one thing written there looks like 2 - 3 so I guess it's a 2003 as well.

Look forward to learning about these great instruments on this forum!

Bill in Nashville

Re: Greetings from NashVegas!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:21 am

Welcome Bill...that is one fine looking Z-3.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:20 am

jazzrat wrote:Welcome Bill...that is one fine looking Z-3.

Thanks! She is a beauty isn't she? I'm in love... :)

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:03 am

That graffiti was done by at least one G&L employee. The crown graffiti was done by a guy named Joey, I think. I believe he finished/fit necks if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, we can't search the old GbL to find Darth's post from a few years ago that explained it all.

Congrats on the Z3. That's a great looking guitar!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:33 am

Ches wrote:That graffiti was done by at least one G&L employee. The crown graffiti was done by a guy named Joey, I think. I believe he finished/fit necks if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, we can't search the old GbL to find Darth's post from a few years ago that explained it all.

Congrats on the Z3. That's a great looking guitar!

Thanks for that info- I was wondering if it was done by someone at G&L. Wish I could decipher it.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:12 am

nashvillebill wrote:
Thanks for that info- I was wondering if it was done by someone at G&L. Wish I could decipher it.

Well, the crown and initials are Joey (if I have the name correct). The yellow writing is something I haven't seen before, but that's not saying much! I wonder if it's "gold" for gold hardware?

As for the writing in pen, "TGN" signifies the gun oil tint neck. Z-3 is the model. The writing to the left of that looks like "Gold Hd", which would indicate the gold hardware.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:17 am

Ches wrote:
nashvillebill wrote:

Well, the crown and initials are Joey (if I have the name correct). The yellow writing is something I haven't seen before, but that's not saying much! I wonder if it's "gold" for gold hardware?

As for the writing in pen, "TGN" signifies the gun oil tint neck. Z-3 is the model. The writing to the left of that looks like "Gold Hd", which would indicate the gold hardware.

Sounds reasonable to me! Thanks a lot! I'm either not experienced enough with these guitars- or smart enough- to have figured it out! :)

Bill

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Absolute gorgeous guitar. Especially with all the gold! You love it that it's relatively lightweight with the f-holes. Congrats!!