New G&L owner

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi...My name is cigblues and I have been playing guitar for 40 years...mostly with the same guys. I'll admit to being hooked on great guitar music with great tone. I lucked into my G&L Legacy at Guitar Rez in Austin TX on a recent trip from AL. I had been looking for one of the new Vintage Fenders, where you choose between a 56, 59 or 65. I went to Austin and the 1st guitar I played followed me home. Its a Sonic Blue Legacy with a birdseye satin neck and a rosewood board. I cannot put it down...love the tremolo. And through a 5 watt tube amp with 2 12s maxed out with reverb its heaven. Its a bit heavier than my Fender strat, but it is a nice addition to the herd.

Sorry if this sounds like an AA introduction!

cig

Re: New G&L owner

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi cig,

Welcome to the forum! And don't worry. Your story sounds (no pun intended) very familiar to about all of us.

- Jos

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:08 am

+1, and welcome aboard....

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:03 am

Yowhatsshakin...now that's what I call a guitar collection!. I had 4 of mine on stands in the living room where I could reach them easily, and my wife said "what do you call these?" My response: "objects of great beauty"! Of course then I told her that I liked to surround myself with great beauty, and that's why I loved having her as my wife. I don't think she bought it, but it worked"!

Thanks,
cig

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 pm

I'll drink to that! - ed

PS: Welcome!