G&L love in NC

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Hey guys, I've been playing guitar for about 10 years and a G&L for 6. The first (and only) real guitar I bought was a 2001 Fullerton sig, swamp ash, tobacco burst, call her Princess Georgette. This guitar is one of the best sounding strats that I have ever heard. The only thing that comes close was an insanely priced fender custom shop, and a bill nash that I couldn't afford at the time. I just purchased a 84 superhawk that should be hear on tuesday and im about to lose my mind waiting for it. Glad to finally be a part of the club!

Re: G&L love in NC

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:25 pm

by the way, my heart was broken today when I went to GC Greensboro and saw a late 80s s-500. The problem is that someone had taken out the bridge PUP and replaced it w/ a humbucker, the increased cavity size was so poorly crafted that I can only assume that they used a crude hoe to scrape out a hunk of HEAVY ash to place a humbucker that would not stay level. It was so sad, I wanted to love it but I knew it would never be complete :cry:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:25 pm

by the way, my heart was broken today when I went to GC Greensboro and saw a late 80s s-500. The problem is that someone had taken out the bridge PUP and replaced it w/ a humbucker, the increased cavity size was so poorly crafted that I can only assume that they used a crude hoe to scrape out a hunk of HEAVY ash to place a humbucker that would not stay level. It was so sad, I wanted to love it but I knew it would never be complete :cry:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm feeling with you.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Welcome to the G&LDP! Superhawks are wonderful guitars. I need to pull mine out tomorrow. I had it tuned in fifths for a while, and played it constantly. For some reason I went back to standard tuning on it and it lost a lot of playing time to the ASATs. I'll probably change back over tomorrow.

I saw that guitar on GC's website. There was an S-500 and also a Skyhawk Signature that had bad humbucker installations. WHY??? :crazy:

Ken

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:23 am

Welcome aboard!!