Hi-Will Ray Signature SOS..

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:01 am

Greets guys hope alls well,
My name is ray,a former 20 year professional from australia currently stationed on a military base in afghanistan.
i've recently being trying to source a signature series will ray G & L tele,& initially stumbled upon one through a distributor in the states.it was listed as "in stock" complete with G & L roadcase,certificate of authenticity,2 of will's instructional videos & a set of will's "infamous" finger slides,& for what i considered good value too.however when i went to put my money where their mouth was i was then told it was "not" in stock until november,& offered if i paid up front(with accompanying clause to negate the distributor of any liability) i could wait however long for the instrument on back order.it was then i began to dig a bit deeper & came to realize that the particular model i was after was not only going to be harder to find than expected,but the people i was dealing with via email were in all likelihood oblivious to the product i was trying to purchase & the relevance associated to the extras thrown in with the guitar.as many of you here are no doubt aware despite the fact that will is a first call hired gun for numerous world class artists,he is still an esoteric entity of sorts.meaning you gotta know your onions a bit to get your head around will's unique approach to the instrument,or to have even have heard of him at all to a degree.
a little jilted but still staunch in my resolve i began to then scour ebay,amazon,some music stores & images that popped up in search strings,googled summor etc. & managed to find a few indonesian models & vague references to what could possibly be what im after but no accompanying photos attached.i then went to the G & L site itself & despite having a thorough listing of G & L dealers all i could find was phone numbers & addresses.no email contact listed under any of the dealers on the G & L website at all,so unable to send an SOS out to numerous dealers simultaneously to see what was about.many dealers without websites,some who did had no mention of G & L on their page,other pages were a labyrinth leading nowhere & on it goes..
overseas phone calls where im stationed are a non event really.we are sometimes scrambled(for obvious reasons) & most hook ups are either weak in signal or complete with a near unbearable delay in coms,which is not a good platform for doing business.we're not talking big money here but its far from chump change as well,so email is the only concise method of communication i can really manage sorry.saying that however the company APO is very reliable & i've never once not received a purchase ordered.
Anyway i'll spare you guys more spiel & cut to the chase..
if anyone reading this is a G & L dealer,knows one or where i can purchase either of these EXACT models pictured (new) in the states i'd be greatly appreciative.i've been lucky enough to have exchanged with the man himself regarding this issue the last few days,will has been extremely helpful & has my back regarding the DVD's & the slide rings via his site should i just find the guitar here(though the instrument new should come with the extras as well i'm led to believe).
My R & R leave is late october.the moneys already sitting in the bank & i'll have my manager wire any reputable G & L dealers who can help out here the amount in full to their account with the accompanying APO prior to sending it if all prerequisites aforementioned are met.
Many thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Ray

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=692515

Re: Hi-Will Ray Signature SOS..

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:28 am

maybe posting in the g&l products section would be good. will checks in here quite often. as far as getting good service from g&l dealers, good luck. but you can always put an order in for the exact one you want, as g&l's are made to order guitars.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 am

Many thanks for the reply Louis.are you aware of an email address of which I can perhaps begin the process? All I could find on the site was a phone number,mailing address & link for the board here.for me to pull this off concisely where I'm based can only be done via email really.cheers mate..

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:04 pm

http://www.americanguitarandband.com/

info@americanguitarandband.com

and their g&l guitar builder. you can get it exactly your way

http://www.americanguitarboutique.net/W ... index.html

our own esteemed darwinohm likes them a lot, you can ask him directly about more info about that dealer, but only good news as far as i know.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Again many thanks bro.have sent them an email,here's to hoping we can get a custom plank in my mits sometime soon :banana:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi Ray,

If AG&B can't help you try Gordon at Upfront Guitars. Incredibly helpful guy - sales@upfrontguitars.com

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:22 am

Ray, I just came across this post. What you are looking for appears to be a production WR. It may be difficult to find in a dealer stock. I would recommend using the guitar builder in the links in this thread and build the WR you want. Then send the build sheet online to AGB and ask them for a quote. They are a very knowledgeable dealer and will be honest with you. You will probably have to have one built unless you are lucky enough to find on in stock somewhere. AGB is good to work with. Let me know if I can assist in any way.-- Darwin

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:15 am

blargfromouterspace wrote:Hi Ray,

If AG&B can't help you try Gordon at Upfront Guitars. Incredibly helpful guy - sales@upfrontguitars.com

G'day blarg & thanks help for your help mate.
i notice you're from melbourne bro,i was based outta tamworth.the red flag that first appeared for me when doing this deal to begin with was mainly due to a guitar player we're both familiar with,that being fusion virtuoso brett garsed.
brett's first instructional video "rock fusion" despite his best efforts currently lies locked in a vault at warner probably never to see the light of day again as do probably 2 of his classic compilation's with TJ helmerich,quid pro quo & exempt.when the other parties involved in the will ray package sale started wavering i "assumed" that since the first hellacasters album was released around the same time that will's 2 instructional videos may have befallen a similar fate.at that stage i hadn't corresponded with the man himself or had a decent look around so was oblivious that will still has a firm grip on his own merchandise.which every artist should have IMO but thats a whole other story..
i had already built myself a custom G & L & sent an email through the links that louis supplied before reading your post sorry bud but if things don't pan out i'll definitely send an inquiry through to the contact you've supplied.again many thanks for your assistance,cheers mate.

darwinohm wrote:Ray, I just came across this post. What you are looking for appears to be a production WR. It may be difficult to find in a dealer stock. I would recommend using the guitar builder in the links in this thread and build the WR you want. Then send the build sheet online to AGB and ask them for a quote. They are a very knowledgeable dealer and will be honest with you. You will probably have to have one built unless you are lucky enough to find on in stock somewhere. AGB is good to work with. Let me know if I can assist in any way.-- Darwin

hi darwin & many thanks also for the post bud.
as youve probably read in my reply to blarg i've basically done exactly what you've advised me here lol i constructed the build this morning on the AGB site & sent an accompanying email,just waiting on a reply to start the ball rolling.
as prefaced in my introduction i'm on a FOB in afghanistan & wont be back in the world for another month to make payment,so receiving the plank within any specific time frame soon is not really an issue.its not like im gonna miss a fill in gig with josie & the wahabbi cats down the local mosque if she doesnt land in the next few weeks :lol:
as long as i KNOW my bird is not the invisible type like the title of it's namesake's album & will one day land in my lap i'm more than content to grind away with the guys that both you & louis have recommended to build a plank thats going to surpass anything i ever thought possible prior to last nights introduction,& all this thanks to you 3 guys & obviously will himself.
will keep you all posted & again many thanks!!
Ray

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Ahhh Tamworth. I'll be there during the festival next year. I was there this year too, my first time, and what can you say except what a mix of talent. The full spectrum from inexcusably, abysmally awful to the jaw-droppingly amazing. Very nice town too, and set amongst some beautiful scenery. Its a long way to drive in a loaded-to-the-roof Hiace with 4 fat guys, a PA, guitars, amps and a drum kit from Melbourne!

I hope you enjoy that Z3, wherever you end up getting the guitar from :thumbup:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 am

Yeah it's a strange dichotomy tamworth mate,even all year round to a degree.you can walk into one bar & hear an atonal box warrior backing an artist that sounds like two cats shagging then walk into the next & there's Phil Emmanuel & Stuie French trading 8's :lol: anyway what ever unit you're hooked up with Jaimie I hope you give em hell bud.many fond memories of doing festivals there over the years.cheers..
Last edited by The Black Page on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:09 am

alas talking about the prices of new g&l's is a taboo here.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:12 am

can finally say this baby is ready for baking!! :thumbup:

MASSIVE UPS to pat for making this happen,& obviously to will for the inspiration that lit the fire in me.its official,the wait begins... :banana:

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:39 am

The Black Page wrote:can finally say this baby is ready for baking!! :thumbup:

MASSIVE UPS to pat for making this happen,& obviously to will for the inspiration that lit the fire in me.its official,the wait begins... :banana:

Look what I found on the G&L Facebook page...