My first G&L

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Hey there, my friend had been raving about his ASAT with 3 pup's on it for a while so i thought I should check them out. I was surprised to find a small dealer here locally. Long story short, I came home with a Tribute ASAT Special with the triple sunburst on the maple flame top and a maple fret board. It's always hard NOT to say these are great guitars for the money, truth is that these are just great guitars.

As for me, I'm an older player that plays only for enjoyment, have been playing acoustics for the last 15 years, so this is an adjustment. I think my playing will improve as I get more used to the ASAT. So far.....I love it!!!

John

Re: My first G&L

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:09 pm

jdinco wrote:Hey there, my friend had been raving about his ASAT with 3 pup's on it for a while so i thought I should check them out. I was surprised to find a small dealer here locally. Long story short, I came home with a Tribute ASAT Special with the triple sunburst on the maple flame top and a maple fret board. It's always hard NOT to say these are great guitars for the money, truth is that these are just great guitars.

As for me, I'm an older player that plays only for enjoyment, have been playing acoustics for the last 15 years, so this is an adjustment. I think my playing will improve as I get more used to the ASAT. So far.....I love it!!!

John

Welcome, John! :wave:

I just replied to your other post. It sounds like you have this guitar:

(Tribute ASAT Special Deluxe Carved Top)

Please check out the Welcome! Read This First post and
also added your guitar to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 pm

glad you like it. as i see you have great taste in guitars, i have one of the gs minis, love that thing.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks guys...that is my guitar in the picture. Liking it more everyday.