Hi everybody

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi Everybody!

I just got home from Maple Street Guitars in Atlanta, having played a variety of Fenders and G&L's. Maple Street is a really great store - if you are in Atlanta, definitely pay a visit!

I ended up ordering an ASAT Classic Custom in Spanish Copper with a maple #1 neck

The medium jumbo frets on the G&L's made it for me, and oddly enough, although I prefer rosewood fingerboards, I found the maple neck to feel and look nicer. They had the exact same guitar with rosewood, but I decided to order it with maple. I'm also thinking about getting the locking tuners too.

I have to say, the P90 style neck pickup is awesome, and the bridge tele sound is just what I wanted too!

Regards,
Robin.

Re: Hi everybody

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Congratulations and welcome to the G&LDP!

That maple neck with a Spanish Copper body will be gorgeous. I can't wait to see pictures. Per G&LDP convention, all guitars are considered imaginary until at least one photo is posted! :)

Ken

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks!

Well, I traded a Taylor 414CE and $300, and a countdown to getting it!

Any idea how long it will take to come in? The dealer mentioned 5 - 8 weeks.

Thanks!
Robin.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 pm

I've never ordered a new G&L, but from what others have said at this site a couple of months is typical. At least you'll know that the factory is building the instrument for you to your exact specs, and not just pulling one that fits the description off the warehouse shelf!

Ken

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:31 am

congrats. I have a spanish copper bluesboy. Really like it.

One thing you might want to consider is the gun oil tint on the neck. I have it on mine and it looks great.

Original from factory, took 12 weeks from order to delivery but that was in 2008, no idea how long it would take now.

with new pickguard, sorry Louis