I was once Vibrolux, now I'm JonL

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Greetings everyone. I wasn't all that active on the old forum where my name was Vibrolux. I've decided to change to JonL which is the name I use on some other forums. I'm most active on AudioKarma, I hope to be more active on G&LDP now that the forum is much easier to navigate.

I've got an '84 F-100 that I just love. The neck felt like an old friend the instant I picked it up, and my playing has improved markedly (on all guitars) as a result of the way the G&L makes me play. It took me a while to get comfortable with the tones the guitar produces, but since I've gotten a feel for the controls and embraced the unique sounds of the guitar it has become my main rock guitar. My other main guitar is a vintage strat that I've owned for 35 years. It's a 59 body with a 63 neck. It's much better for cleaner blues playing, whereas the F-100 sings beautifully with a moderately overdriven '61 vibrolux to deliver amazing '70s style rock-blues tones.

I'm seriously considering adding to my stable with at least one more G&L, though there are about three models that really interest me at the moment. I'll start appropriate threads sometime.

Thanks all, see ya round the forum!

BTW, I'm on Long Island.